Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Has it Really Been Three Years?

Yes, it has. It has been just short of three years since our Dad was called to Heaven. I'm sorry I didn't post anything on our blog sooner. For some reason, this year, I got so busy around the time of this anniversary that I didn't even realize the date was coming up until someone reminded me. Does that mean that I'm healing or does that mean that I was just too busy this year? I'd like to think that means I'm healing. Right now, I'm sitting at the computer at the Bailey house typing this update. Just like I used to do when Dad was sick. The difference though is now I can spend as much time at the computer without Dad wondering "where" we are. And, I don't like that part one bit.


I don't wish him back here to be in pain. I just want him back HERE with us. I know that I have to trust God's plan for this but it doesn't make missing him any easier. Last night, Lauren and I were out shopping and we had been gone from the Bailey house for some time. I commented to Lauren how that would've never flown when Dad was alive. He would've been calling us for updates as to when we would be back home. Oh, the memories......


Man, oh man, I miss those calls. I still have two messages from Dad on my answering machine. It is nice to be able to hear his voice still. I know that he is watching over us from Heaven and keeping a close eye. I just wish he was able to keep his eyes and us and take care of us still. I miss you Dad. Thank you for the many memories, for loving me no matter what, for loving my mom and for loving my kids.

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear