Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A card made me sad

Today, I was looking for the anniversary card for Kevin. In my "card" drawer, was a Christmas card that I bought for Dad. I never did give it to him. Never can now. Sad. Very. Very. Very. Sad. And yet, we move on.

As time goes by you go through so many different emotions and try and find your place back in society. You feel a loss of not only your parent, but your family circle, your purpose, yourself and place in the world. You feel as though your whole world has been shattered and continue to pick up the pieces one by one.After a while, the phone stops ringing and I have realized that I not only miss my dad, I miss all the people who called to check in and ask "How is Mike". I miss everyone asking us how we are doing, I miss all the people coming over bringing meals, I miss all the time I spent caring for Dad, I miss all the drive to and from the hospital, I miss every second of the few months with Dad during his illness as well as all the times we had throughout the years. I miss being Dad's daughter here on earth.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
"Therefore do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes on not what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear