Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's a New Year

I'm having trouble believing it is 2009. It will take me some more time before I am able to write that without first making a 2008 and having to work to make it look like 2009. I cannot believe we are in a year that Dad has never lived in. That we will be doing things that he will not be a part of . That we will celebrate many firsts without him. That part is hard. It just dawned on me the other day that I'm not the only one it is hard for. You forget that the little people in your life are on this journey with you. And that they FEEL and that they get sad too. I don't know why, but you do. It was evident this past weekend when we FINALLY got down ALL of the holiday decorations and Hannah did not want to put her tree up. It was because her tree had decorations that Jill and Lauren made when Granddad was sick. I really believe that to her that was putting up the memories. I had to tell her that we will always have the memories. They will always be with us. Always.

As I move into 2009, Dad is in ever thing I pick up and touch - from the orange juice (remembering drinking oj last year to stay well to take care of him), to a movie (Galaxy Quest) to HGTV to simply making mac and cheese no matter where I am to exercising up in the loft on the eliptical remembering back Dad calling me on my cell (Fall 2007) to see when I would be heading to Mesquite. And, it is not a stop in your tracks can't move forward don't want to get out of bed sadness or anything like that, it is a part of who I am and who I have become because of this. Today I found myself a little more sad and went back to read over some of the blog entries from early 2008. I am so thankful we wrote down and kept this journal to help us to remember. I miss seeing my sisters......... having them there with me supporting me every step of the way.......... I know that they are supporting me now I just got so used to having them close. I think in missing them is missing a part of the old way, because having them together means he here with us............. I guess in wanting the three of us to be together is in a way wanting things to go back to how they were......... Life has taken us back to our paths............... that is good thing.............. I just wish it didn't make my heart hurt so much

Good night all,
Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear