Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

Hello out there everyone.......... how are you?



We seem to be doing "okay". "As well as can be expected." Another year has come and gone without Dad. It seems almost impossible that just almost two years ago today we were here.......

And now, our family is the same but oh so very different. We are still here, but everyone has gone their separate ways most of the time. It is a new place of fitting in and finding your place. It sucks. I'm not going to lie to you. I mean I'm trying to start 2010 half glass full, but sometimes it just isn't that easy. I miss the conversations with Dad.


Thankfully, my best friends Dad is there for me. I texted him last night after a pretty bad day to see if he was still up. I needed SOMEONE to talk to. That someone who could tell you it was okay. I was being super hard on myself. I came home and didn't hear from him. He texted me this morning to call him. So I did. And, then I got in trouble for not "picking up the phone" and calling him LAST night. Yes, I feel love and hugs again. Thankful for that.



I had an awesome dream the other night. It was summer time. We were at the lake. All of my cousins were there with their families. My Dad was there. He was coordinating and making sure we had everything we needed. We were all getting ready to go sailing. My grandmother, Nanny, and great grandmothers were there too. And then, I woke up. I remembered, yet again. Reality hits, IT was only a DREAM. He is gone. Cancer robbed him from us too early.



So, when I saw read this:



Life is short! Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, & never regret anything that made you smile!



I thought it was the perfect Thursday thought to share. This is so true, especially the part about loving, laughing and forgiving....... Life is short........... we know that all too well.



Hug your kids. Forgive your mate. Call a friend. Laugh.



Good night!

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear