Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 4th

Mom and Matt came over to the Lewis Day Care Fourth - not really there were just LOTS of cute adorable kids. I tried keeping extra busy this year because every little memory was about last July fourth and what we were doing at each time of the night. I missed Dad a lot this year. I know he would have been so proud of his grand kids and enjoyed every one's company. It really wasn't that the fourth was a big holiday that we normally got together for. It was just the fact that he was gone I think that bothered me most of all.

We watched the fireworks from our game room. Kevin's friend asked if he watched them last year. Kevin replied that he watched them from his car. Leo asked if his family was there. Kevin said no. He said someone had forgotten something and he took it to them. Yep, some did forget something. That would be Dad. And. medicines. ouch. You see the little things. Here is a silly picture from July 4Th. This isn't the best picture of all of us but it is one of the last ones I have of us together before the pictures we have from the Colorado trip. Memories to treasure.
Not much to report at Bailey Casa. Matt starts school this week at Devry. His classes are on Thursday so hopefully we can consolidate the trips from home to there to cut down on the gas bill. Matt applied for a job at AMC theaters. No word from them (at least that is what he tells me). However, I did leave him a message the other day and he has yet to call me back.....hmm..
Yard at Casa Bailey is done thanks to my hubby with some help from my brother. Said hubby took a good portion of this Saturday to take care of that. I love him for that. I tagged along and didn't do much. I helped Mom with put some labels on some catalogs. It seems to have no energy to do much over there. There was so much energy put towards doing and fixing and doing up until February and now it just seems wrong or empty or something. I'm not sure which one.
Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear