Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Dear Dad,

Wishing and hoping your first Father's Day in heaven was a good one. I miss you terribly. My sisters do too. Not sure about my brother. He's a tough one to figure out. We are working on helping him though like we promised. It is just not easy.

Here we all are on Fathers Day 2007. Our last meal together at this table, well not the last if you count Thanksgiving which I don't because, well, Dad you didn't actually sit with us and eat. Anyhow, looking back at this photo it is precious to me. You are dressed and handsome and put together even though I know you really didn't feel all that great.
Fathers's Day 2007

Father's day for kevin. Traditional breakfast in bed. Yum. Newspaper, check. Gifts and cards from his kids and wife: Shorts and shirt for Hawaii and crocs. Kevin's best gift I think on Father's Day was going home after recital to chill for a few hours while Hannah, Hayden and I watched the rest of the recital. That was really all Kevin wanted for Father's Day was some peace and quiet. No answering millions of questions. Hayden wasn't really happy with giving that gift to his father but I think his Daddy enjoyed the gift. At least I'm hoping Kevin enjoyed the gift because Hayden made the recital not very much fun for me and Hannah by asking almost every third song "Can we go now?"

I tried not to miss not celebrating with you on Father's Day by keeping busy with Hannah and all that goes along with her dance recital. I remember you coming last year. You were not feeling well. I tried to push that memory to the back of my mind. I cried during the senior farewell song and dance where the student danced with her teacher. The song was about memories and love.

I still owe my father n law a present for Fathers Day. Kevin took his Dad and Mom out to eat. It just worked out that I had to take Hannah over to a volleyball/swim party and Mom and I went out to eat instead. I don't really know that I was up to celebrating in that way this year. I think it would have been too much. Don't get me wrong I do love my father n law. Most of the time (smile). .........................

Dad, keep looking over us, we are all going through a lot and it would mean a lot to feel your presence just a little bit and if you could whisper "it will be okay" a few times every now and then, that would be even better.

I hope all of the rest of you dad's out there had a wonderful father's day too!

Stephanie

1 comment:

princesslue said...

man I miss you Dad....

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear