Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wrong Turns

It seems our life has taken several wrong turns lately. I won't bore you guys with all of the details. It isn't even worth blogging about. It is just so true that death changes everything and trust me when I say everything. Relationships, finances, holidays, memories. All different. We are all dealing the best can be expected. I'll update you on the Bailey house more later. Mom and Matt are there. Life as we knew it is getting back on track for rest of us. Mom and Matt are there. Period.

Anyhow, back to my original story. A few weeks back I was to meet Lauren at the Studio Movie Grill off 75 in Dallas to see the movie Made of Honor. Matt was to pick Lauren up at the airport. I left work somewhat late (surprise, surprise) and headed to the movie with the awesome directions my sweet hubby gave me. I got a phone call that Matt still had not made it to the airport. He was LOST. Very lost. So, when Matt arrived 2 hours late to pick her up we had to revise our plans. Mom ended up meeting me in the parking lot of the movie theater. We decided to meet for dinner at Houston's. I split the bill with Mom. That place is expensive but the service is awesome and the food just as much. Lauren and I decided that we could catch the last showing of the movie at a different theater. It was a really, really good movie.

After leaving the movie, I take 75 and then being part of my somewhat directionally challenged family I ended up going the wrong way. I ended up going on to I-30 and figured and took the first exit to "turn" around. Well, there is no turning around when you exit 2nd street, just so you know. So, you are driving around in Fair Park. Yep, I was almost in tears. Serious tears. And then I look up and guess what guided me to out of the bad area? Yep, the blue outline of Roberts Hospital at Baylor. And so I debated on whether to park and go up and visit the night nurses and have my closure there. But instead, I sat under the bridge that we went over several times taking dad to radiation and sobbed. Serious sobs, gut wrenching. A good idea to be there by myself, not so much. Then I decided to get a drink at the McDonalds for one last closure stop. And, the line took forever. I went home and took a nice long hot bath. It was definitely the scenic route. Not the most direct. But as I realize as part of this journey there are a long of twists and turns that we do not predict in life or even want and that wrong turns, or right we have to make the best of the hand that we have been dealt.

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear