Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Monday, May 4, 2009

That's all I know about that, Part II

Everytime I hear some one end a conversation with "that's all I know about that", my mind floods back to MANY conversations with Dad about many things. He would always end his conversations with you with a sign off "That's all I know about that". Makes me miss him and feel his presence when I hear someone say that. It is funny how such a simple thing can make you happy and sad all at the same time. There is a lot of that lately. It has been over a year since Dad went to Heaven. We are all working through things and healing the best we know how too. Some Baileys are starting new chapters in their lives. It is a different time. It is hard. Every smell and sound and thing at that place reminds me something about Dad. LIke this past weekend, I had a low blood sugar and Mom decided to check her sugar. And, when she did she brought out a ziploc baggie with glass cleaner stuff. And, everytime, I clean my classes that reminds me of Dad too. It is good to know that he is in everything that I do but sometimes, I wish I could get through a day of him not being so into everything because that just makes me miss him more. Happy Mothers Day to all of you Moms out there. Love your family and let the little things go. You never know what life my have in store for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear