Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Saturday, January 5, 2008

That's all I know about that

I just got of the phone with dad. He called me to tell me that his sister was on her way. That she had called about 45 minutes ago. He asked about me because he knew that I was a little under the weather. I told him I was doing a little better but I had a little cough. He went on to tell me about the night and that he was up the first half and he slept the second half. He told me that Mom had an issue last night (nothing bad you guys, just some hives) and he thinks they finally got it under control. He even told me he was sure I'd hear more about that.......... gee, does he know his wife or what? We talked about his list of things to do and I asked him if he and Lauren worked on that yesterday. I told him that maybe Kevin might be over later today and he told me that Kevin would probably rather be doing things outside and projects than just sitting. He said he would try and find the list. Sorry Kevin! We talked about the carport and the fact that it needed to be looked at it and he told me that there should be a post propped up by the house and I told him he was right there was one. I went on to explain the summarized version of Kevin's thoughts for making it more secure. He said that it might not help because sometimes Mom runs into it but with her new car not so much. I told him that there was not a security detail for that issue!!! He agreed. I told him that she seemed proud of the new car. He agreed again. He said that Lauren and Jill were fluffing the house for the visits today. He told me that he had had breakfast and done most of his morning routine. Yeah!

And then the dogs started barking and I asked what they could possibly be barking at and dad said and I quote "Somebody could of farted and they would be barking." Now that is funny guys!

And, then he said "That is all I know about that"

And then I said, I would call and let him know my ETA (estimated time of arrival) and he said okay ............. And now, I'm thinking that I've been up long enough and all I want to do is sleep!

So, here's hoping I make the right decision for my health and peace of mind.

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

I'm praying for you all the prayer of "burnout"!

Father help Shannon, Stephanie, Jill, Matthew, and Lauren to understand the weight of the world is not on their shoulders, but rather on yours.

I ask that you heal their weariness and inner pain. Renew their vision with Your perspective, and give them new energy to pursue it.

May they experience in a fresh, new way the assurance of Your approval and Your loving presence.

Lord, help them to start this new week with order in the house so that each one can have the time they need without being "on duty" -- help them to get a flow going so each one can rest appropriately. Give Mike insight into what they need in order to help him. Lord, you are in control, please help them today to have control but yet not take away Mike's control. Lord, you know what I mean. Thank you that you hear us. Amen.

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear