Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!`

Happy New Year Everyone.

Last night, Dad snoozed 7:45 pm to about 11:30 pm and seriously, in hindsight we should of done the same. But we were making other family memories and playing chicken foot dominoes and celebrating the new year with:
  • Mom
  • Hannah & Hayden
  • Kevin & Stephanie and
  • Of course, Chef Matt

Kevin came over last night about 8:00...... he was delayed by a flat tire in a not so flattering part of Dallas.... I am thankful he was safe! We had queso, pizza, onion dip and chips and ranch dip and veggies. And of course olives for Hannah. And most importantly Kraft Mac and Cheese for Dad.

Dad woke up from his cat nap and of course even though we checked on him more times than I can count he woke up alone and was not surrounded by anyone when he woke up. Mom was sitting beside him in the chair when he fell asleep and so I guess he thought she should still be there when he woke up. However, there was a HUGE pile of covers on the bed and I'm guessing he thought that that was me (Stephanie) not answering him........ That was fun (NOT!).

Kevin and the kids spent the night. The kids rang in the new year and watched the ball drop in New York and did the count down to ring in the new year in Dallas, Texas. I am so thankful Kevin was here today............ the things he did are too numerous to list here. And although I did not really show my appreciation for him being here because I was tired and cranky (you try going to bed at 4:45 and getting up at 5;30 and then sleeping from 8:00 to 10:00 and tell me how SWEET you can be)........... and for breakfast all I wanted was eggs and bacon and Dad said that the bacon will stink up the place too much.................... Anyhow, back to all of the things that Kevin did today for me:

  1. Made eggs
  2. Helped the kids fix pancakes
  3. Made my Dad mac and cheese to which he replied "it is perfect"
  4. Made chili
  5. Made Blacked Eyed Peas for Mom and me
  6. Played with the kids
  7. Visited with Matt and visited with Matt
  8. Got Lauren's car to start
  9. Brought me breakfast
  10. Brought me coffee, that is important!
  11. And most importantly he was JUST HERE........... enough said

So, Kevin, this is thank you more than you'll ever know.

So know............. the bad news......... Lauren is not coming back from Arkansas today like we thought and I'm sure now that Dad knows this but he hasn't been officially told. I know this time is hard but I just wish we would have known what was going on so that we could of prepared better and I could of told my boss I would not be there on Wednesday.

Jill should probably be back tomorrow too. She is scheduled to depart Austin at 10:00 am. She might stay until Thursday. Thursday is the day the kids go back to school. I know Kevin is excited about that part. I mean how many questions and questions can you answer from one sweet six year old boy?

Well I have many more stories about the last few days but I need to get a nap in before the all nighter part two. Matt just came in and said that Dad wanted to see me before my nap and I know he is going to ask me about Lauren's plans.

Off to take Dad and Mom some black eyed peas!

Wish me lots of luck!

Stephanie

1 comment:

Norma said...

Hi just checking this out again Happy New Year Love Norma

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear