Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Welcome to the funny farm.......

Stephanie here....... the funny farm that is so true........ I feel like we are all part of it at some point. So, dear sister Lauren I FINALLY showed up at around midnight. I had SUCH a hard time leaving my dear family of four to come here. It is not that I didn't want to come and help and take care of dad and lend my support. It is just that I wanted things to be normal so I could stay home and come for other reasons like birthdays and Mothers Day and all the other holidays. When I got here Dad had just woken up from sleeping and it scared me because he was more disoriented that I've seen him. Not a confused I don't know where I am but confused as to why he was feeling the way he was. Lauren told him that he wasn't sure what Shirley had told him and she reminded him to remember the things she had told him. He told us that he thought about calling Shirley but he wasn't sure if she had "talked to Ross". My dear Aunt Shirley, I'm not sure what you would need to "talk to Ross" about but whatever peace you were able to give maybe you could come back again soon? Maybe my dear Aunt Shirley has been graduated to our level and should be sleeping with her phone!!

Dad feel back asleep after Lauren stretched him out. I won't even say what he thought about that. Lauren remembers............ funny, huh? Laughing, seriously, well awkward! !! I got here even later because I stopped by Wal-mart to buy some cool PJs for me and Lauren. They say Hugs come in ALL sizes. And, I also bought her some groceries and gifts for going back to school...... you know stuff like mac and cheese, spaghetti, and golden grahams. And, plus I think it was just one more way to delay coming here and getting back into the reality of everything.

So, here is what Dad said to me "I am glad you are here..... welcome to the
funny farm". Such a character. He asked me about how was the squirrel (more on that later) and said "I didn't get a picture". And, when I heard those things my heart knew I was in the right place even if my body thinks it should be elsewhere. And, my sweet hubby gave me a hug before I left that said it will be okay.

So, I am off to crawl into some bed somewhere......... my sweet sis has a laundry list of things to do tomorrow like put away the rest of the Christmas decorations and clean out the fridge and pantry and I must add that the kitchen and den look almost like HGTV worthy! Thank you sweet sister! And, my sweet brother put all of those million of dishes that accumulate in Dads room in the dishwasher. I think we're going to be able to work together after all........

Sweet dreams blog world. I love each and every one of you!

Stephanie

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

I will come and visit with Mike today. Bless his heart. Girls, you can minister to him the same way I did yesterday. Hold his hand and place your left hand on him very gently, on his arm or on his head. Just pray softly and ask for God's sweet peace. Encourage him that God is with him and will never forsake him, the Bible says so. I really think he just needs soft touches (which I know you are already giving him) and quiet encouragement that things are going to be okay and taken care of. I don't know this but the time may be getting nearer. He is sensitive and distractions should probably be kept to a minimum. He told me that the dogs are really annoying him so maybe try to put them in the other part of the house. Yeah, right! I know he wants the tv on but maybe you could turn the sound off and play some soft music for him. I

I will see you sometime today. Love, Aunt Shirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear