Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Get By with a little help from my FRIENDS

Hi! Bye! That was my conversation with Dad tonight! Mom handed Dad the phone and that is what he said to me. I told him I just wanted to call and say hi and then the kids screamed "Hello Granddad" and "We Love You" I called to check in with Mom. She said she has started the conversation with Dad's doctor about radiation. Waiting on word from them. That was good to hear.

Jill and Lauren are at the movies tonight. Talked to Lauren too and she said they ran away. Dad gave them the standard pouty face when face when they announced they were going. Poor Mom, I hope that Dad relaxes and just chills. They were watching HGTV and flipping over to watch some of the Maverick game. Mom said that Dad was a little more uncomfortable today. That scares me so!

I had dinner tonight with one of my good friends (mom to one of Hannah's good friends) while they were at dance. It was good to catch up. I don't remember the last time in the last few months that I have gotten to do that where it wasn't me picking up my kids from her house because she had covered for me because I was somewhere else. Her sweet hubby is leaving Friday to go North to see his mom who is not in good health. Lift them up in prayer too. Throughout this it has been the kindness of friends that have stepped in and taken up the slack and picked up my kids from events and from school and fed them dinner and let carve pumpkins. Your kindness is appreciated more than you know.

And why you are praying and asking for specific things....... Ask for me to have energy and focus to get what needs to be done done and to let go all of the little things that I don't have to do. Pray for this coughing bug to leave my body so I can feel better. I did stay home from work this morning and rested more and I felt like a whole new person.

Okay, I hear that unsupervised my kids have turned on the Disney Channel. And yes, it is 10:30. Never enough hours in the day. Dance and basketball and baths and homework and chill out time and it is LATE people. Christmas break killed our bedtime routine. For those of you laughing "what routine?" at least it was not THIS late! Hayden fell asleep the other day in class but thankfully the sweet little girl Rebeca saved him.

And, I get by with the help and encouragement of my family, the bestest of friends! Thank you for all of your encouraging words.

Here is to another day! Hope you have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Cousin Jack said...

from cousin Cynthia:
First of all, thanks for the blog that lets us keep up with the Baileys.

I think I felt everything that each of you has mentioned while we were caring for David. Jack and I wanted so badly for things to be normal just as you do. Of course, we wanted normal with a healthy David (knowing that was not going to happen) just as you want normal with a healthy dad. We tried to have no regrets. There is enough pain without adding guilts and regrets.

We love you and are praying for healing, peace, mercy and strength for all of you.

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear