Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

so fresh and so clean

Lauren here...

Dad slept a little more last night. Seemed to be a bit more restful. He hasn't napped yet today, but I think he might be working on one. I woke Jill and Matt up about 9:15 this morning.. and I went to take a little snooze about 10am. Jill has been in there most of the day, I have been working on keeping the den and kitchen/breakfast area clean. Its almost there... About to make some lunch though.

Dad got his grits earlier. I am glad that we finally found some that he will eat without having to drive to Baylor every morning.. We got Dad all freshened up today, shaved, hair and face washed. He looks like a new man. I think that always makes him feel better. I told him it is such a beautiful day outside and I opened the blinds up all the way so he can see the sunshine flowing in. Sunshine is such a happy wonderful thing. I love days like this.

Maggie has been a sick pup today. I think she ate a part of a tennis ball this morning (imagine that) Well it didn't agree with her. She took a nap in there with Dad, although he begrudgingly said it was ok for her to be there. It was her safe spot, especially since I've been cleaning. Laddie is enjoying the cool tile floor that I uncovered in the breakfast area.

Today seems to be a better day all around (yay) Now if we just get Mom home, Dad will feel even better. He really does not want me to go to school, which is understandable. I just know that last semester did not work doing school at home and this semester I have last semesters work to do as well. OH boy. I just told him I was a plane ride away from being home.

well I have hungry people in the house including myself...

more later. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

what a sweet post, Lauren. So glad to see it. I check all the time for news. Have you guys really been driving to Baylor for grits??? Haven't heard that! Soooo sorry about poor Maggie! She is such a sweetheart and so energetic, can't imagine her down. Love the sunshine, too. I went to pick up Kieran and it was beautiful outside. Not sure what the weather report is. Love the sunshine so much although it shows me how dirty my car is!

I did some searching last night on the internet about the situation your dad is in and it is so very common for him to want all of you around. Quote: "Attention to psychosocial well-being and to the need to be with loved ones appears to be essential for patients' quality of life." You are all so wonderful to make him comfortable and feel loved. He so needs it. But I know it must be so hard. God is good and will only give you what you can bear, no more. Love you lots, Aunt Shirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear