Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Monday, January 14, 2008

Help is on the way people............

I wish that I had something different to report, but things seem to basically be the same. We continue to pray for the lessening of the pain and peace for Dad. His strong will to live and take care of his family is what keeps us all going. We know that all of this is part of God's plan. We don't understand it, and frankly we don't like it, but we remain strong in our faith.

That is so true, we don't understand it. And that is why it is so important for the help we can get on earth, you know the push your sleeves up and scrub dishes kind of help. And, it is my understanding that that type of help is coming directly from San Antonio on Wednesday. She will be here to do dishes, sweep the floors, wash clothes, fold laundry, pet and play with the doggies, answer the phone and take messages and listen for folks to knock on the door. She will also be able to visit with and pray with my sweet Mom and cook dinner occasionally. These are the bestest things you can do for us right now............... Maybe even sit with Dad and visit as he tolerates it............... So you are on the schedule for Wednesday, yeah! No turning back now (smile)!

I left Mom and Dad's last night about 7:45 and went to pick up my kids from my in-laws. I hadn't seen them all weekend. I kept staying at Mom and Dad's hoping to get some more things done. It just seems like you sit in this wicked time machine and the days fly by so fast it makes your head spin. Where does the time go? What happened to our plans for the day? I think though that as more and more time goes by we are going to realize that the imporant things are just sitting with Dad and being there and if the kitchen is so messy you can't see the countertops then that is fine (even though it will probably drive some of us crazy).............. And the other part sometimes is that when you are talking to Dad about the day to day things of life, it is Dad but then again it is not so you cannot talk to him about the boring day to day things.......... he needs peace and understanding not whining and griping and he said she said stuff. So, hard people, seriously so hard.

And, to the comment about needing my sisters....... I totally understand what Lauren means when she says it just helps having all of us there. We can be there to support each other in different ways. We are all special and have our special ways of being there. That is how God created us. It is really hard when you are in the trenches with Dad and you can't yell out into the den and say "sister, can you please............ ?" I know we will get through this, that our awesome God does not give us anything we cannot handle. But seriously, I feel very tested on this one.

Hope you have a great Monday!
Stephanie

2 comments:

Shirley Wilcox said...

So happy Norma is coming. Yay, Norma!!! An angel is on the way.

Your dad called me and seemed really excited about the scriptures and prayers I e-mailed him. These are good for everyone to have! Keep on the lookout in the mail from Mastermedia as I've ordered the scripture meditations CDs - 5 in all! I know Mike will enjoy them. Please encourage him to listen constantly.

Thinking about you, Lauren, and know how hard it must have been to leave. Please text me and call me and all that! I know your roomie is excited you are coming!

Stephanie, call me when you can. I missed your call somehow. Went to pick up Kieran.

Jill, hope you are back safe and sound and somewhat "rested." Hey, I loved the little "kitty" you typed in your text message. So cute!

love you guys love you guys love you guys
auntshirley

Norma said...

It will be so good to see everyone. I have a hair cut appointment at 9:30 and will hopefully be on the road soon after that. Betty Wright may be riding with me so I am not alone. She will stay with her daughter or a friend while we're there. Lauren you get yourself all settled back into the school routine and try consentrating on those books. Jill and Matt see you Wednesday afternoon. Stephanie enjoy your family a little more. Shannon and Shirley maybe we can have a girl dinner and Shannon & I may slip in a little canasta between dishes and folding clothes. Mike you keep on eating that protein and get some strenght back. Love to all Norma

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear