Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Killing me...........

to not be able to see my Papa Bear since what Sunday? Yes, that is so true. I am working, yes again, the necessary evils of life. Jill there with him, as is Mom and Matt. Dad is so well taken care of but I hate it that I am here and he is there. I want to run and go see him but for me that means a 45 minute trip one way. So, here are my latest text updates from Jill:

Yesterday 10:13 am:
"Hi. Getting dressed. Hospice agency here a bit ago. Washed dad's hair and changed shirt."

I talked to Dad yesterday a few times. He called me to tell me that the Hoods (Norma) was on the way. I am excited that Mom will have a companion and that there will be extra hands there to do whatever needs to be done.

This morning on the way to school I had the kids voice record a message on my cell phone "Good morning. Have a great day"

Text update from Jill today at 10:32 am
"Your message made dad laugh and smile. Said it was a good way to start the day."

Yeah, I am glad for that.

I have a call into my doctor to kill off my green goo monster that has been in my body for way, way too long. Hopefully, she will be able to call in some good stuff to make it go away. I'm training a new employee today so that I can really not be away too much.

Hannah and Hayden are doing well. Monday is a school holiday and I asked her if she wanted to go to Grandma and Papa's. Something normally they get really excited about and she told me that she just wanted to see me because she never really gets too. I told her that I could see what I could do. Ouch! This is really hard.

The Bailey Prayer request for Thursday: Prayer warriors - here your go:
  • Steph to feel better
  • Jill to be able to get lots of work done today, no not the take care of Dad work but you know the kid that pays the bills.......
  • Lauren to get lots of school work done today and have the awesome focus that only God can provide. Go sister!
  • Matt to help where he can when he can and to be sweet and loving and sweet and to rub Dad's feet when they need to be rubbed.
  • Dad to be comfortable today and work on his list and find peace. I am way behind on my "to do's" from Dad's list. I need to get working on those. Geez, whatever!
  • Mom to have a great day and find peace too. We all need peace.
  • The courage to tell Dad it is okay to go when he is ready. I am really struggling with that one. I am SO not ready to say it is okay. I am do not want him to go on. I am scared that I will so fall apart.

Man, okay, that was a very long list of things to ask God for. So, you guys better log off of blog world. Get praying!

Hugs and lots of love. I love you guys!
Stephanie

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

Hugs to you, Stephanie, and major assurance that God has heard our prayers for this day to go forward as He directs and we desire. Sweet Norma is there and I believe she will be able to fill in the gap so that Jill can get done what she needs to. I pray for God's will today for everyone: Mike, Shannon, Jill, Stephanie, Matthew, and Lauren and Norma. God's perfect will. He will use each of us as he sees necessary. We all need to be open and willing and able to respond. Key word: respond.

Precious Jill, I pray for you to relax. Is there anything I could help you do as far as work is concerned? Perhaps help you go through those gosh awful emails? I love you so much and am so humbled by your sacrifice -- of all of your sacrifice for your dad. God sees and is honored.

I will try to come later today -- I am not feeling up to par and my nose is running so I will monitor! Yesterday had major headache all day. But better today!

I have lots of "Darlene legal work" to do today, way behind, so will get busy so I can drop it off in Mesquite hopefully at her office.

lovexxxxoooolovexxxxoooo

auntshirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear