Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Finding peace...

Lauren here...

Jill's turn up with dad last night. He didn't hardly sleep, and if and when he did fall asleep, it was only for a few minutes. The cable guy just came to fix some stuff and Matt was in there with Dad, I just went in to check on him and Dad is ASLEEP!!!! Hopefully he can get some rest. OK, come on now, he is already awake and calling me. I just want him to get rest because I know that he will wake up feeling a little better. But then again I can see where is anxious about going to sleep.

Dad needs to find peace. He told me today he wants a shrink or a counselor to talk to about it. I asked him if there were things that we could help with. He said it was things that couldn't be fixed. Like not seeing me get married or seeing me graduate (yes I cried and so did he) He also worries about Mom and Matt. I just told him that I couldn't promise that everything would be OK, but I did tell him that we would all work our hardest and exhaust all options to help out. I hope that helped him a little. I want Dad to find peace, I can't imagine what he is going through.

Matt and Jill just adjusted Dad, maybe he can get a little comfortable...

more later...

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

ask your dad if he would like me to come and talk to him. We had a really good talk last Friday about the "peace" issue and "trust" and "sleeping" and other things. I will come if he wants me to to help him talk through some things. I might be too close though. I would also like to suggest Tom Rowell, Tom's dad. He is so gentle and such a wonderful Christian. He would be there in a second. He wants to help in any way. Let me know. I will do whatever. He doesn't need a shrink. He needs the peace only God can give. He needs help letting go of some things that are holding him. Please call me or post back. Love, Aunt Shirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear