Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Monday, January 7, 2008

New Year, not a happy one

Hello everyone..... this weekend was a productive one. At my house, I took down all of the Christmas decorations (still working on the tree), folded and put away laundry and booked Hayden's birthday party. Kevin took down our Christmas lights. On Sunday, my sweet hubby went with me to Mom and Dads and he worked on Dad's to do list which included taking down the Christmas lights, repairing and working on the car port and adding weather stripping to the doors. I went Walgreen's with Matthew and we hit an after Christmas sale on wrapping paper........ 25 cents a roll. I won't need paper for a while. Yeah!

Dad was doing pretty good on Saturday. His sister Pam and her hubby Tim came for a visit. Seriously, Dad is just in better spirits when Pam is around. Or maybe he is just hiding his true self and the meanness for when "company" is not there. But seriously, I wish I could build her a wing on the house and have her stay with us for the duration. Any angels out there that can make that happen that would be great. I need cash people............ we all do!!

On Sunday, Dad seemed to have a little more pain. Not sure why. I talked to him this morning and he sounded groggy (said his mouth was dry). He said he would call me to come rub his legs.

Lauren has nine days before the spring semester starts at school. Oh, the decisions. Oh, how I wish that we could go back in time to October 2006, you know the pre cancer days. I have learned one lesson in all of this is that I will no longer take time for granted. Enjoy your family members no matter how they drive you crazy. Hug your Mom and Dad. Spend time with them when you can. As you will never know what God has in store for tomorrow.

And you know that cancer sucks. I know you all know that. That it worms its way into ever aspect of your life and robs you of almost everything. Something as simple as watching a movie is a little thing that does not happen often at the Bailey House. That is evident by the fact that this weekend when I suggested to Hannah we watch a family movie she says to me "Mommy you are part of this family sort of - you are really part of the Bailey family." So, I guess that is how she sees it.

And, today when I get to work I get at 10:30 meeting request from my boss (mind you it is already 10:39 am) letting me know that in 2008 before I can use Family Leave Medical Act (FLMA) leave (which is unpaid) that I must use ALL but 5 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) days. Which means that I'll have 5 days after to use FOR THE REST OF THIS YEAR.......... So, I guess my family will be going to Hawaii without me.......... And I guess I will not be taking off any time to spend with my kids at Christmas. So, you see Cancer Sucks! Happy New Year to you too!

Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear