Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sad........

I am feeling very sad today.

I am at work wrapping up a few things.

Hannah is at home with Kevin. The school called and she is not feeling well. I am headed off to Mesquite tonight. My house is a mess. My cleaning lady is coming tomorrow. And I have yet to fill out the invitations for Hayden's birthday. Guess I better get it in gear.

Jill left this morning for Austin. I talked to her today at lunchtime and she said that Dad is seeming very disoriented. That was a far cry from the conversation I had with Dad this morning. Very alert asking about Kevin and me and "his babies". He wanted to know that they were up to. I told him last night they were reading and he asked me what they were reading. I explained the books and he knew exactly which ones I was talking about.

Jill also told me that one of Dad's legs was getting a little purple. Okay, I know things get blue, but purple? I just wish that she was more open and let me know what was going on than that. I was shocked.

So, on the way back to the office I saw I had a missed call from Dad. I called him back and he said when I finally got a hold of him I sensed what Jill was talking about. He was very sluggish. Almost like he had to fight to speak every word. He was worried about the incident the other night when he didn't recognize Pam. He thought we were not taking care of him. I tried to reassure him that it was okay to feel however he felt. There is not any right or wrong answer. I just wanted to drop everything and GO to him. I told him that he should give everything to God and God will help him. He told me he WAS doing that but I worry that he is still keeping too much on his plate. God my prayer is that you and Dad are able to work this out. I am not sure that I will have PC options when I get to the Bailey house but I promise if there is something that I feel need your prayers or you guys need to know about I will find a way to update you.

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

You dad called me today a little before 2:00. He wanted to know "if it was convenient" if I could come see him. To read Psalms to him and pray with him and lay hands on him. I said of course! He is very anxious. He told me about seeing about 15 people in the house and that he was "humiliated." I told him had to have been dreaming but he said it was real. This is very distressing to him. I told him I had researched the medicine and it is very normal for him to have sort of hallucinations, that he was definitely not awake. We have got to realize that these episodes are very real to him. When I got there, "Harry Potter" was on. I turned it off and told him, excuse me, but as far as I am concerned "Harry Potter" is not of God, that it glorifies magic, etc., etc. (The devil uses every opportunity to get a foot in the door so please be careful what is on in the house. The devil brings confusion, anxiety, fear, all of those things. Mike needs peace and comfort and love flowing continuously.

We prayed and prayed. I asked him to repeat after me the sinner's prayer and we prayed for the ASSURANCE of his salvation. God was with me as things came out of my mouth that were wonderful. We prayed that Jesus is the way to God and for him to turn his eyes upon Jesus. I SANG THAT SONG to him. "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face, and the things of the earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace." I told him things past don't matter, that we're all a spec and what really matters are ETERNAL things, and that Jesus has prepared a place for him, for me, for his daddy, for my mama, for each one of us.

Later after we had prayed I suggested he replace anxious thoughts with good thoughts, like thinking about Hannah and thinking of Hayden playing. He smiled. He said, oh, you mean "substitute" and I said yes! I told him about the scripture that says, Whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, think on these things! I couldn't remember what scripture that is.

Yes, Stephanie, I am so sad, too. I left with a heavy heart but I really feel that he was more assured than he was. He is though so uncomfortable and worried about his leg. Yes, his right leg is swollen. I didn't notice purple. He is obviously retaining fluid. He said, "what's next?" It must be so awful to see what is happening to his body.

BUT I AM ASSURED that God is bringing him through this and things are happening in your family that we will see as wonderful. Your daddy will be fine, better than all of us, and we will all be fine, although it's hard to see that now.

I stayed about an hour and a half. I am working tonight b/c I have to get stuff back to Darlene in the morning as I am working at Baron & Budd tomorrow (Thursday). Weird, huh? They are "excited" to see me. I'm only doing it to help out the Marketing Director and besides I need the moo-lah.

I love you all. I pray for you all. I feel your pain...but not as fully as you do. Blessings...auntshirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear