Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Clutter be Gone! Christmas FINALLY OVER!

Well……… in case you were waiting and wondering, yes I got the computer part exchanged for Matt’s computer and Matt got his PC fully operational with Internet connections and all. Yeah! Many, many thanks to my brother in law David for coming over Friday night to make that all happen. I am very thankful that it all worked out fine.

I know you guys have been waiting for an update. There is nothing horrible going on at the present time. We’ve just all been VERY BUSY! I started to update several times over the weekend but struggled with what to write. The nurse came to see Dad Friday and said that his wound looked good but that his right lung did not sound as strong as his left. That might mean the cancer has spread. That made dad sad and he held up his hand and told the nurse that he did not want to hear anymore. I cannot imagine. I don’t know what to make of this news.

Friday night I spent the night over at Mom and Dad’s. I was up with Dad until 3:30 am and he slept until about 5:30 am. Then we had toast. Then I think Dad took a little nap, I know I did for at least an hour. Then Dad had grits and a poached egg. But, I could never get the poached egg over easy, so I think most of the eggs went to the doggies. The doggies were happy about that. Dad and I took one additional nap around 10:30, maybe another hour. And, for the rest of the day I was in a coma, almost like a walking zombie. I went to Hayden’s basketball game Saturday night, to dinner with my family and fell asleep at my house on the bed with NO sheets on it, didn’t seem to matter at 8:00 pm and slept solid until the next day. I was tired.
Saturday my sweet Aunt Shirley stopped by for a visit and brought her sweet little grandson Brennan. He was so sweet and was a little bright spot in the afternoon. So talkative and he made dad smile a few times. He is a very busy little boy.

My mom’s cousin was with us from Wednesday to this past Monday. She was an angel special sent by God that I know for sure. She cooked, washed dishes after dishes, looked after my momma, answered phones, and played with doggies. She sat with Dad and visited with him and even helped with some of his care. Leg rubbing is an important job. Dad’s legs hurt him so much. That was awesome. Norma, thank you so much for taking a huge burden off of us. It really meant a lot I know to me that you were able to leave your family and come help us in our time of need. We already miss you! At least it wasn’t all work and no play as Mom and Norma were able to go out to eat at Olive Garden Saturday evening. I know that time was much needed fun and conversation. Poor Jill was left with Dad. Matt had Patrick over to get the last few things finished with his computer. I know that that had to be exhausting!

Sunday was a day of FINALLY putting up my Christmas tree and picking up general clutter and my house and cleaning up. Sunday night I went to Dad’s old office and met my Aunt Shirley and got the items that were in Dad’s office. Very bittersweet to see my Dad’s old office no longer my dad’s. He should be there working, planning houses, coordinating things. It just made me very, very sad. And then that night, when I got to Dad’s I brought all of the boxes in the house and took them to him one by one and he went through each one of them and he threw away the trash and told me what where to put each and every thing. He had his pillow, a heating pad, blanket and several things up at the office for pain. That made me very sad too. So, we found a place for everything, I think. I still have all of the art work from his office in the back of my SUV and that will have to wait for another day.

Dad had me open the doors to his closet to see if I thought that Kevin might wear his Izod shirts. I told Dad I would ask Kevin what he thought. He just wants to make sure that his special stuff and the things he cared about are given to special people.

He had Jill take pictures of the back carport. You know all of the boxes of things that we took out of the storage building back in October? Well, people, as you might have seen we have been very busy and that stuff is STILL there. Hasn’t really been touched. And now, Dad wants to get that cleaned up too………. He had Mom help him clean out his red armoire in their room yesterday. So, now there are boxes and stuff everywhere. Clutter makes us Bailey sisters cranky, so I’m hoping we can soon find a place for all of that stuff as I know getting stuff done and cleaned and organized is important to Dad and maybe, just maybe is part of this process.

I have so much more to share with you guys but I’m thinking about taking tomorrow off to go see my sweet papa bear so right now my purpose is WORK!!

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear