Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Chirstmas is Almost Over You Guys!

Okay, almost all of the Christmas decorations are FINALLY packed up at the Bailey house for next year. The tree is still in the living room but at least the ornaments are off of it. We have a few decorations that are in need of a storage bin.

Matt made dad a John Denver CD.......... totally cool............. I hear singing along I think from the Dad and Mom's room. They are listening to the song.........."Take me home country road......... take me home......... country road." I wonder if that song has multiple meanings? When I look at Dad it makes me somewhat sad because he is so very thin sometimes. At times he doesn't seem like Dad but at times he has his witty and can be so funny. Like tonight Lauren is meeting and old classmate friend (a boy) at Texas Roadhouse. But they are meeting with some other friends and the boy is bringing his girlfriend bu that still did not stop Dad from saying "I'm telling Tyler." Too funny. From my perspective Dad had a really good day. He does not seem to have TOO much pain. He took one nap but of course by the time I got in there to sleep he was awake and saying his FAMOUS "HEY". So, why am I not surprised. It is just like taking care of the newborn baby when you finally decide to rest the baby wakes up crying.

Matt had a good visit with his friend. He had complete joy when he was leaving that was really cool!

Laddie got at bath today. He looks like a totally different dog. Maggie is very sad and had a different day. She didn't get all of her afternon naps in and Mom didn't talk to her much when she got home so she was out of sorts. Both dogs helped me but the rest of the Christmas decoratoins up. They had to be bribed to help with a treat.

It is now officially 8:50 pm and I am STILL in my PJs! Why am I the only one that did not get dressed? Don't know. I do feel a little better. Still coughing up green goo! Yuck!!! Probably to much info for blog world but at least I am not coughing quite as much. Hopefully my sweet sister is bringing me dinner. Hayden's first basketball game was tonight. His team lost. Bummer!!! Kevin is home with the kids tonight. I miss being home........... I am off to make a coke or coffee. I need caffeine!! Matt does not have as much faith in Lauren so he is off to get Taco Bell.

Mom is reading to Dad. I am off to check on them.

Go Cowboys!

Stephanie

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

I just saw your response, Steffie Lou, from the other early morning and I know what you are meaning about not wanting to "hold him here" and that you are still praying for a miracle. Well, guess what, miracles do happen and if God has planned for him to be healed, HE WILL BE HEALED. And if it's not, it's not because God DOESN'T want him to be healed. He wants all of us to be healed. ve. Nobody in this world can answer whether someone will be healed or not but, rest assured, whether he is or not or whether he stays a while longer on this earth, has nothing to do with what we do. Although God does want us to call out to HIm and ASK him for what we need and want. It doesn't have to be confusing and it doesn't have to be LOGICAL. God is in control and he is working out things in your daddy and when he or any of us leave this earth will be b/c God says, "it's time, come my child," and not before or later. Nothing we do or say will hinder or speed it up. I DO HOWEVER believe God is working something in your family and that Mike REALLY WANTS you all around him praying for him. Yesterday (Saturday) when I was with him he expressed that to me - he NEEDS everyone's presence although it is not convenient I know. I'm not saying to sit in there 24 hours a day, it's just to try to realize how important it is to him. He's working out a lot in his mind and heart. He has been majorly touched by God and he wants to share it, express it, read about it. Shannon got him a new Bible today, the Message Bible, b/c he said he wanted something in contemporary language. He has some scriptures on fear and sleep. He wants to study them. He woudl live to have a bible study right there in his room. Can you believe that? That is because he is yearning for his spirit to be fed. You guys can have a bible study right there in his room! I pray for the unbelievable PEACE of GOD to permeate every pore of your daddy and that room and that house. Walk in it, speak it, let every bit of distraction and confusion out of there. I'm looking for a CD by Tom Dooley and will try to get it asap. It is scripture meditations, that he can listen to. He said he would like that. I believe that what Audrey said weeks ago about RESTORATION in your family is about to be realized. Not that your family needs to be restored from any bad way, but restoration to GOD as a family, together praying and studying the Word, and realizing that He is in control of your family and your future and your dad's future (which will be free of pain, worry, all that stuff).

You are all amazing and it is truly amazing to watch you all love unconditionally.

Love you all too much! Aunt Shirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear