Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Friday, January 11, 2008

was that a smile?

Lauren here

Dad slept a little more last night.. maybe about 3 hours total. I woke up early to take over so Jill could go to bed for a few more hours. Where did the day go? It is already 9pm geez.

Shirley came over today to hang out with Dad and talk to him about finding some peace. Shirley, I don't know what all you said to Dad, but I haven't seem him smile and look so peaceful in a very long time. He might need you to come over and do that every day. Thank you so much Aunt Shirley, you are a dear and I love you very much!

The nurse came around when Shirley was leaving and we took care of business. Dad's ticker seems to be doing well and she had nothing negative to say. He just told her that he was feeling relaxed and needed a nap. Yes a nap. He hadn't slept all day. He finally fell asleep. He said that he hasn't had such ease falling asleep and being ok with it all.

Mom is home, made her some dinner and she is hanging out with Papa Bear. Jill made it home safely to Austin and I miss her already. Where is my other dear sister. I feel like she has been away too long!! She should be coming here shortly...


Take care all.

1 comment:

Norma said...

Praise the Lord for very a quickly answered prayer for sending a person who has the right words to share about finding peace. The words Shirley shares are very special. Thank you Shirley for being a faithful vessel. I have been at Tawni since last Sunday and just got home last night so I got to catch up on the Bailey House. Tawni and I were so busy we did not even turn on a computer. Lauren please remember it is okay to cry anywhere and anytime. Granny always said a good cry was the way to cleanse the soul. After a good cry my eyes are always puffy and red but my heart is lighter. Know that even if you do not see a comment listed there are many prayers going up for each of you, for peace, strenght, rest and whatever the Lord feels you need at any given moment. He knows you every need and concern. Keep doing what you are loving and supporting each other and making memories that will sustain you and caring for your Papa the way he would care for you. Love to all Norma

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear