Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Friday, January 4, 2008

Just What the Dr. Ordered - SLEEP

I am home from work today.......... I thought I was really coming down with something like the flu. I just came from the doctor and the good new is that I not have the flu or strep or a urinary tract infection........ I was so worried about spreading germs to the rest of my family and dad. They gave me a prescription for antibiotics and told me to push fluids and rest. So, I am going to do just what the doctor ordered. I know resting is hard to do for all of us walking this walk. Sisters, please don't be too jealous but I am going to sleep ALL day. I'm older than you so I need the rest (ha ha ha). I had the doctor write me a prescription for 7-8 hours of sleep a night. We'll see how that gets filled. . So, I guess my body is finally saying ENOUGH............. jeez guys this is so hard. You know that only God knows the end of time and you can make yourself crazy reviewing dad's day to day symptoms based on the list that our hospice nurse gave us. This process is just so hard to know the end result, to grieve every day while enjoying the good times left......... I hate to say this out loud but God hasn't our papa suffered enough?

Off to rest. I plan on taking Hayden to the doctor today at 3:40 so I have about a few hours to rest.

Thanks to all who have sent us cards and gift cards lately. These are so much appreciated and helpful.

Keep us in your prayers.

Stephanie

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

Your papa bear called me today and we had a long talk. He told me he had prayed for me. He said he was making lists. I told him I would do whatever he wanted me to do. I told him not to worry, that God is in control of all of us, that everyone will be taken care of. I said if he needs to sleep, to close his eyes and not worry about not waking up. We all have our appointed time, and even if he didn't wake up, he would be immediately in the presence of God. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. I believe heaven has mansions and rooms and things to do and maybe even hgtv. I prayed for him to have peace. We had a very wonderful conversation. I'm coming over tomorrow to hang out. He told me he wanted to call me at 4:00 a.m. this morning. He told me he wanted "my wifey to stay home with me." That he wanted to call her boss. I want to talk to Shannon about this but... He said he is enjoying the talks with all of you. He sounded good. We talked more and I felt the Lord leading my words. It was good. I love you all so much. Aunt Shirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear