Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Same Story, Different Day

Good morning everyone! Happy Tuesday to you! Hope this finds you well.

Last night as I was leaving work, Dad called me. He had some questions for some of the instructions the nurse gave him last Friday. So, since I have her cell number I called and verified the information. (Yes, I know probably not the proper chain of command for the agency but I really don't care at this point. I am thankful for caller ID) And, I called back and passed the information on to those in charge of Camp Bailey (Jill or Lauren) Gee I can’t remember which sister I talked to. Oh, and Dad’s back hurt. What is new? Take pain meds and turn over. Just about the only thing you can do. Sorry Papa!

And, last night my kids were both at basketball practice and I had the house all to myself. So I went home, made a salad and ate tamales. Too many tamales. My lower back hurt in a weird way last night and I could not get comfortable. God, is this possibly your way of helping me to have empathy for my dad? It was so awesome to just rest! I still have that nasty cough and I feel like crap!

Emotionally, I have a very short fuse. I am tired of this situation. I am ready for something new. Tired of the same old stuff but then thankful for the sweet special memories and hanging on everyone word from papa bear. Want some new perspective. So today I am choosing to be sunny and bright……. Otherwise, I am going to blow. Literally! You know last night, when my kids got home I didn’t even get out of bed to say hello or tell them good night or see how their day went. I just couldn’t. Didn’t have the emotional energy. How sad. I did help Kevin give Hayden his medicine and snuggle with Hayden but that was about all. I keep telling myself that this is only temporary and is not forever. But my heart is not hearing that message.

Make sure you tell sometime that you love them today! Give a hug! Life is way too short!

Stephanie

2 comments:

Shirley Wilcox said...

Dear "Sunny & Bright," you are quite awesome to choose to be sunny and bright when you could choose to be like you really feel, inside and out. Blessings to you and your ability to be honest and real about your feelings. That is a very good thing. Funny you say your back hurt and maybe it was God helping you to have empathy for your dad's pain -- yesterday, last night and NOW my back hurts so bad! I actually thought the same thing last night. I have no idea what my pain is from and keep feeling like I have a sore throat and icky but nothing like what your dad must feel constantly and he actually knows what it is. All of you are about to blow and I can only pray God gives you the extra grace and patience you need to get through the days and nights. Your mom is about to blow, too, although I haven't tried to call her yet b/c I'm afraid she's rushing around trying to get out the door. Your dad wants her to stay and then he's hurrying her up. She can't win. Girls, love on and confide in and include each other. lovelovelove you all. AS

Mom of Two said...

About to blow is the understatement of 2008. Aunt Shirley thank you for always leaving comments for us. They do lift me up and help me.

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear