Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Stay HOME! You are Sick!

Dad called me tonight about 5:15 to check on me. You don't know how much that warms my heart when he does that. When I told him I was on my way to see him shortly. He said "YOU ARE SICK, STAY HOME!" That made me feel better but I really wanted to see him tonight. I do feel much better than I did this morning. Dad even said I sounded better. So I stayed at the office, got a few things done and am headed home to eat chili and play with my kids and take a bubble bath and GO TO BED. He told me that he has the box cleaning up all planned out. So, I told him I would rest and be over tomorrow to help him. There was really no arguing with him on that point. And my neck feels sick anyway, so he was probably right. Daddies always are............

take care everyone and keep warm.

2 comments:

Norma said...

Stephanie hope the new medicine has helped you get better. Trini & Jazzi are spending the night but I am going to try to get this off. First I want to thank all of you for allowing me in the Bailey house for a few days. It was a joy to be with all of you. Hope my visit did help some and did not put any extra stress. I know you are all going through such a hard time but you each have your own special gift to use at this time. Keep on letting God lead you to do what each of you need to do to have positive memories of these times. I had a safe trip home but it was after dark and raining. Spent too much time in Georgetown and at Steve's. I love you all and will continue to lift you up in prayer.

Shirley Wilcox said...

Yep, I saw your dad last night and he advised that he told you those exact words! I was hoping to see you, Steph, but soooo glad you heeded his words. Amy went with me and she was glad to get to give him a hug. I gathered from part of our conversation that he seems to think no one believes him when he tells them he slept. Wonder why! His eyes look so very tired and sleepy.

Norma, so wonderful your visit and glad you are home "back in the groove" -- you are too precious for words.

Love to all, Aunt Shirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear