Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cowboy Game & Chicken Noodle Soup

Good evening everyone!

Dad had some chicken noodle soup for dinner, he ate about 1/2 of it with noodles and the other half was mainly broth. So, here's how it goes. I asked him what he thought about some chicken noodle soup and he said, let me see what you are talking about. I think he asked that because we made him some the other night and it was not the kind he remembered. So I brought him four different cans of soup and he picked the kind he wanted. So, in the end it was HIS idea, not mine just saying "here is your soup"!

We changed up the way we are giving him his medicine, dividing it up into smaller and smaller doses in the hopes that it mirrrors the contstant drip of the medicine when he had his PICC line in the hospital. Only time will tell how that goes.

He is in good spirits right now watching the Cowboy game with Matthew and hanging out with Mom. And, even throwing the ball for Maggie the doggie.


FUNNY for the EVENING:
I came up with a white board and labeled a Nurse and Tech similiar to the order of things we had in the hospital. I made Lauren the Nurse and me the Tech. Lauren was going to run to Walgreens. So we were discussing what all we needed and Dad said "You are on duty and that is a Romper Room No-No." We have never laughed so hard. In other words, since she was the nurse on duty she could not leave. So, I quickly changed the Nurse to me and the tech to Matt and that is that. So, while Matt was watching the game with Dad, Dad pointed to the board and reminded Matt, see who's name is on the board??? And, I was in here typing this blog and neglected my patient I ran back in there and apologized and said I was taking care of other patients. Matt didn't really see the humor there! I'm hoping that this white board will allow us to schedule time for ourselves to take care of the things we need to take care of because you are not "on duty". Ha, ha, we'll see. So much if it is just wanting to hang out and spend time with him however you can, grumpy or not! It seems to consume all of your thoughts and it is really hard to focuss on the rest of your life.

Anyhow, Matt, Mom and I just adjusted his positioning in the bed and hopefully that will work for a little bit.

I need to go get his night meds ready - not his favorite part of the day - and, see what else needs to be done. It is amazing to me how many dishes 4 people can mess up in one day.

Lauren and Matt got the Christmas Tree out and up tonight. It really looks nice.

Here's hoping for a night where sleep is NOT overrated!

Stephanie

1 comment:

princesslue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear