Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Shake, Hoyst and Roll

Good evening everyone!

They delivered the hoyst today around 2:30ish. The nurse is coming tomorrow or Friday to train us on how to use it. The guy that delivered it showed how to operate it and Lauren got in it to see how it worked.

Dad drank part of a shake today and is napping right now. Lauren just went to the store to pick up a few things we needed at Wal-mart and I need to go through the fridge and clean out and get rid of any Thanksgiving leftovers. It seems like no matter how much you work there is always something that needs attention (Laundry, dishes, mail to go through, etc. etc.) Lauren did an awesome job today cleaning out the linen closet and her bathroom (well the bathroom the three girls share). It is clean and shiny (yeah)!!! So we have progress. Matt and I just rolled dad on his side and got him comfortable.

Dad seems a little sleepy today but I guess that is to be expected considering for the longest time he slept only in 1 hour increments for the most part. We also had a little bit of dizziness and nausea after he got up for a bit but thankfully that resolved itslelf on its own but now my tummy has empathy pains. We also talked to his nurse today because he has some places in his mouth that he had in the hospital. So glad that Dad and Jill and Lauren got very good training from all of the Baylor nurses so that we knew exactly what type of medicine that we needed to have them call in. They will deliver the medicine tomorrow. It is nice that they deliver the medicine in some regards because you don't have to pick it up but not nice in some regards as you have to wait for them to deliver it.

I am off to get some caffiene and get my you know what in gear so we will be ready for this evening. Oops, I spoke too soon, no more napping. I hear Matt and Dad's voices in the distance.

Lauren is back from the store. That had to be the fastest trip to Wal-mart I have ever seen. Dad is back comfortable and napping. Oven stew is in the oven for dinner. And, the fridge is cleaned out from all the leftovers (Dad's orders (smile)!) Mom is going to Central Market on her way home to get the type of bread Dad likes and some more Orange Marmalade for our 3:00 am toast.

So, now I am going to try and mop the living room tile floor that I have been trying to get to since 12:30 this afternoon. It is very busy around the Bailey house - lots of dishes to do and fluffing to get Dad comfortable. Never a real dull moment. And a puppy dog named Maggie to watch to make sure her middle name of trouble does not come true.

Pray for a good night tonight. Will update you guys tomorrow.

Sweet dreams!

Love,
Stephanie

1 comment:

Whitnie said...

Hey Guys! I just wanted you to know I love you and I am praying for you every day! If I can do anything at all just call. Love YOU! Whit

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear