Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Thursday, November 29, 2007

It appears that Sleep is Overrated

Hello everyone. Dad had a rough night last night. We moved and moved and moved him but could not get him comfortable. It is so frustrating to use all of your energy to situate Dad and still have him in pain. Mom, Dad and I slept from about 11:00 to 12:30 am and then pretty much with the exception of maybe a a few cat naps Dad and I were awake until about 5:30 or so when Matt got up and took over for a bit so I could get some shut eye. However, if you ask him, he will tell you that he rested good last night. I think it depends on your definition of "good".

We've talked to his nurse and have a plan in place for changing the dosing of his meds.

Matt made him some grits this morning but he has not eaten them yet....... I guess he might not be hungry because he had toast with orange marmalade at 1:20 am this morning along with a glass of milk. When all else fails, he will eat toast! 3:00 am or earlier toast is a routine of the evening.

AFTERNOON UPDATE:
Dad feels much better after a shave, hair wash and a bath. He's sleepy again today similiar to yesterday, dozing on and off. At about 2:30 today, he had some toast and tea as he never did eat the grits that Matthew made him. Earlier today, he asked for cheese but then denied that he asked for it, so I'm not sure if he actually ate it our not. It is a fine line between suggestive bringing him stuff to eat as it just does not seem to be his idea the majority of the time.

Right now, we're watching HGTV and napping off and on. Lauren is cleaning Mom and Dad's bathroom. My Aunt Shirley came today and helped us straighten things up and move furniture around so we will be ready to put up the Christmas tree. Most importantly, she unloaded the dishwasher and reloaded it. Sounds silly but it seems that we are contstantly doing dishes. THANK YOU Aunt Shirley - we SO appreciate you! It is the little things that you guys do that mean the most to us. Today Matthew got Whataburger for lunch so all we had to do was toss the trash. This afternoon, since Dad is snoozing off and on, I feel like we should be napping too but there just seems like so much stuff that needs to be done.
s
They delivered the new medicine to treat his mouth and we are STILL waiting on our delivery of supplies. I will try and be patient but think I might give them a call later on as it is already 3:09.

Jill lands tonight from her trip at 10:50 pm. Not sure who is going to pick her up at the airport.

I really miss my kids and being home with them. Tonight is the tree lighting for the City of Hurst. I need badly to get the gym and run on a treadmill. I think we should just figure out a way to get an eliptical and put it up in the study.

That is all for now. I have a few phone calls that I need to make before another day gets away from us and business hours end for another day.

Pray that we stay ahead of the pain game.

Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear