Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Friday, November 30, 2007

Crushed

That is how I feel today, totally crushed.......... I called the kids on their way to school and Hannah reminds me that today was the day of her spelling bee and when she tells me this I am standing next to my dad's hospital bed 45 minutes away. And, then Kevin tells me later that day that the night before she made positive notes to encourage herself last night. And, I feel so sad that I wasn't there and that I had to get highlights from them tonight instead of living it all first hand. I mean I know I'm where I need to be but then while does it all feel so wrong sometimes?

And today, when I picked them up from school Hannah tells me that I missed all the days of her owies. And when I asked her how the spelling bee went she said she didn't make it. She misspelled "polite"and when she lost she said she cried.

And, today on the way home from Mom and Dads back to Mesquite about 1/4 of the way on the road I realized I left my cell phone charger at Mom and Dads. And, of course, my phone was not charged.

So, I picked up my kids from school and came home to start decorating the tree and realized that Hannah had dance practice at 7:00 tonight instead of 7:30, so we were late, oh well. And, sitting at the dance studio calling around trying to find a wireless store open until 9:00, I completely lost it when another dance mom came in and saw the stress on my face and said "Holiday Stress" I simply shook my head and started crying................. poor moms did not even know what hit them.

But the night was rescued when I made it to the cell phone store open until 9:00 and got a charger. Hayden asked me so sweetly, Mommy why were you crying?

Sorry, I know this is supposed to be about life around the Bailey house, but I am a Bailey, will update about Dad's day in another post!

Hugs,
Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear