Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Brother Bear, September 18

Yes, the only brother bear of the Bailey household turned 26 years old yesterday. I can remember the day he was born. Mom and especially Dad were so excited. Jill and I were too. Happy memories.

I remember Matt's birthday last year. Kevin and the kids and I took him to Steak N Ale. Dad wasn't up to getting out. We got to listen to the North Texas Jazz band play there. After eating we ran by mom and dads to visit for a few minutes. I remember the conversation with Kevin and the kids that it would be for just a few minutes. When it comes to family it is hard for me to leave and keep those promises of staying just a short time. However, I am so very grateful that I went and we visited for who knew that there would be no more September 18ths with Dad around to share the joy.

I am very sad tonight. Very, very sad. I can't put my finger on exactly why. Oh, I think I probably know a little bit but really I just want to scream "IT IS GOING TO BE OKAY" really it is. They say that as time passes, this gets easier but I'd like for someone to tell me how that is possible. Every year, every celebration, every get together is going to be somewhat of a reminder that he is missing. So, I'm working in my mind on creating new traditions and relationships and moving forward even if it is baby steps.

I still have the post it note hanging in my cube that says "Check blood sugar and call dad". It brings a smile to my face and makes me chuckle all at the same time. But again it makes me miss him and wish for one more conversation to be able to have him call to check in.

Sweet dreams friends family and loved ones.

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear