Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

No more phone calls

hello everyone.............. just things to share tonight
  • On Sunday, I dialed Dad's old cell number, I still have it programmed in my phone as Dad's cell. Don't really know why I called that number. I know that Dad is not going to answer. But somehow I was hoping his old voicemail would come up and I could hear his voice. Didn't happen of course. The phone just rang and rang. On Monday I was sitting at my desk at work and my cell phone vibrated. So I turned it over and it said "Dad's cell" meaning that that was the number that was calling me. My heart dropped and just for about 1/2 a second I halfway expected Dad to really be on the other end of that call. Realtily knows that is not the case. Really, I do. I guess it is time to remove that number from my cell but I just really can't make myself. I am choosing to think that that was Dad's way of checking up on me....................
  • Today, a really good friend of mine called me on the way to work. She was checking in. During the call I learned that she lost her Dad earlier this month. And as the told me I cried and it was almost like loosing my Dad all over again. My heart aches for her. I know too well the things that one will be asking themselves and the things the heart will miss. She sounded super strong on the phone. I ask that you send prayers her way for peace and comfort during this time and to let the wonderful memories surround her and her family.
  • Saw a shiny penny and thought of dad, silly I know.

More to come, must get some much needed sleep. Good night and God bless,

Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear