Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Monday, April 21, 2008

More Reflections

It was a beautiful weekend here in the area. Hope you too had a wonderful time and you spent it wisely with family and friends. A few weekend reflections................

Friday night, Mesquite all the way, a little time also in Rowlett visiting with my Aunt Shirley. I was in the area getting my hair cut. Didn't make it out with my girlfriend for dinner but did eat a burger at Burger Street. It reminded me of the Friday night before Dad died. Amy got a burger from there and shared some with me. So it was a "thing" to do. I know it is silly. I am silly. I won't deny that. I wanted to take my brother out to dinner but he had plans. Tried to get in touch with that cousin of mine but she wasn't available either. I know people have plans and last minute ones don't always work out. Instead I focused on spending time with family, my mom and aunt and supporting my aunt as she has supported us all these past few months. I entered a hospital setting for the first time since "going there" to see Dad. Taking the elevator, smelling the hosptial smells, sitting in the family room and stopping at the nurses station made me have to remind myself to breathe. I know I'm silly and not everything should relate back to dad but I'm guessing that this is part of the healing process for me at least.

Saturday Matt and I visited Devry and got him all signed up for college that starts in July. Prayers are needed that the financial aid part of this works out for the best for him. Money is not something that grows on trees in the Bailey household. Matt is working (although not sure if he knows that) on securing some summer employment so he can pay for gas to go back and forth to school and support his "I don't want to eat what is at home" habit. Silly, silly brother of mine. Prayers for Matt as he moves on in this journey and decides what he wants to do when he grows up.

Mom and Matt got to watch Hayden's baseball game Saturday night. Hayden's team won. It was a weekend of sports galore on the Lewis side of things.

Still wrapping up all of the paperwork for Dad's estate. Such a tedious process. The HIPAA laws and privacy laws due not make this process any easier.

I'm off to have lunch with my little princess. As usual I have a case of the Monday blues. Pray that I get out of this funk. I also have an update on Tyler but don't have all the details with me at this moment..........

We appreciate all of your prayers............
SBL

To my dear Aunt Pam, I miss you bunches. Are you out there? Please call me when you can. I need to hear your voice and laugh.

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear