Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Friday, April 18, 2008

Reflections

It's Friday...... I'm feeling sentimental today. Reflecting on lots of things. Missing my dad more today for some reason. I think it is because I'm heading to Mesquite later today to get my hair cut. And going to Mesquite used to mean so much more, there was so much more to do. You know taking care of Dad. I plan on meeting up with a good friend of mine tonight to catch up. That will be my happy, oh, and so will a new hair-do!

Right now I'm listening to the Rascal Flats CD that my sister gave me. On the outside of the CD case she wrote "Steph, to my darling sister. Enjoy. Lue" That CD became my anthem of sorts for keeping me sane when taking care of Dad. Especially the song: Stand. However, in getting through some really tough days lately the song "I Wish" by Rascal Flats has become more special. It is really what Dad taught all of us and I feel like he is up above whispering these words to all of us. The words to the song are below. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

I Wish, by Rascal Flats
I hope that days come easy and moments pass slow,
and each road leads you where you want to go,
and if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
and if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
if it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,
more then anything, more then anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it,
to your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more then you can hold,
and while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.
I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
all the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
and you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
and you always give more then you take.

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear