Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bad, bad mommy........

Stephanie here. No early night for me. It is now 12:46 am and I have NOT adjusted to the time change. There are a few positivies for this one bad, bad mommy that Hannah called a "mean mommy":
  • All of the clean laundry is folded. Yeah!!! It is not put away but at least it is folded. As I was folding laundry I ran across the pajama pants that Dad told me "never to wear again" and I had to chuckle on the inside. I'm not quite sure why he said that. I mean, they are cute Old Navy sleep pants.
  • Today is Wednesday, the only day that both of my kids buy their lunch
  • Today I get to go eat lunch with the president of our company which means I don't have to worry about my lunch either
  • Today I am working out with my Personal Trainer. I hope I don't pass out.

Right now, my mind is wide awake but my body is exhausted. And I have a confession to make. Tonight I was a very bad mom. I just needed quiet. I just wanted everyone to get there stuff done without any assistance. You know every mom's dream. For all of the little people in the house to do the following: know it was time to put on PJs and take showers and read and do homework and just do it. And, not complain or try to get out of it. I just wanted to curl in a ball and do nothing. I didn't want to be a mommy. So, what does one do when presented with this situation. Are they sweet, do they smile do they love that much more? No, they yell and the scream and they threaten galore. (this does remind me of the How do Dinosaurs Books by Mark Teague (I think)) I feel terrible but I guess the end result was sweet. My entire family fell asleep (Kevin, Hannah & Hayden) in the master bedroom in our QUEEN bed watching what else, HGTV. Well, me, still awake. I think though that after I tell all of you bloggers out there sweet dreams I will fall asleep somewhere. I cannot believe that this past Sunday has been a a month since Dad went to Heaven. It really doesn't seem possible. But then on the other hand it does. Lauren will be coming home for Spring Break this Friday. Keep her close as she does this. It will be weird and sad and so many more emotions as she comes home to the Bailey house for the first time. There are so many firsts.............. but thankfully with that there are so many memories. I am trying to make sure that we keep those memories close.......... Sweet dreams....

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear