Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Monday, March 24, 2008

Together for Easter

Hello blogger family. How are you doing tonight? Easter weekend was a beautiful one here in Texas. Saturday was sunshine and beautiful blue skies. It was a little on the chilly side on Sunday morning but that did not stop my two from hunting eggs or their uncles and daddy from hiding the eggs. The kids and I even went to 8:30 services at church on Sunday, yes you read that correctly, 8:30 and we were only 5 minutes late. Aren't you proud?

Easter Sunday it was good to be together as family. Easter was the 2nd time we have been together under one roof. It felt good and weird all at the same time. Getting ready for Easter Sunday and setting the table made me sad. I know Dad would've loved to be here with us. I know he is watching over us. As I set out the dishes and our crystal I remembered how Dad would set up and decorate for many family gatherings. Happy Memories. Last year, for Easter, my kids made place cards for everyone. For some reason, some of them did not make in back into the Easter decoration box. I still had Hannah and Hayden's and Matt's. Mom's too........... And then there was the one that I pulled out..... It read "Mike". I wondered what to do with it? It felt odd to put it back in the bag with all of the mismatched ones that remained, so I set it out on our entry table next to the box I keep all my momentos from Dad's services and next to the several special photos that Jill gave me that were at the service. That just seemed the right thing to do at the time although I did feel a little silly. It was almost like I wanted to block off the head of the table for Dad. But that would've been even more silly. I think it is going to be harder when we get together at Mom and Dad's to change up that tradition. It felt so odd when Mom arrived to my house alone, by herself. No papa bear. I was busy in the kitchen and all of a sudden I heard Hannah say "Awww". I said what? She picked up Granddad's namecard and showed it to me. I told her we could move it if it made her sad. She said nope, it was fine. And, it also made me sad when we took family photos with my in laws and my brother n law and I remembered last years photo with Mom and Dad and my in laws. I guess maybe that is why I didn't take too many pictures. Thankfully, my sister Jill took lots of pictures of our family memories. Thank, you thank you.

So, how was your Easter? How did you celebrate this holiday? Post a comment and let us know how yours was and How you are doing. Didn't I mention, we miss you! This Bailey misses you a lot. I can't put my finger on the feeling , it is like you when you press pause on the remote so the movie can continue to play but your DVD player is broken, and doesn't remember how to work anymore. I can so relate. I know my sisters too are working through their own versions of this. We all want to continue "playing" but our minds and bodies sometimes remain on "pause". Sweeet sisters of mine, know that I am here for you to listen to you whenever you need me. No matter what time it is.

I recently purchased a book to read called Fatherless Women. I haven't started reading it. Anyone that has any suggestions on good reads for picking up pieces and starting to play again in life, do let us know. I know you can post comments to the blog, I have lots of faith in all of you!

And, that leads me to the other hardest part about losing someone. All of the unanswered questions like........ why did you do that? What did you want me to do with.......... and so on and so on........Totally, things that will never have a resolution, we can't ask him anymore. All we can do is guess and wonder if that is what he thought. So, what is....... is........... it is just that simple........... our minds will just have to catch up somehow.... And that my dear blogging friends is very, very hard.

Good night, sweet dreams.......... Love you all bunches!

Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear