Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Monday, February 4, 2008

But wait a minute Dad............

We are not finished with our lists............... and last time I saw you on Sunday you were sleeping so peacefully and I did not hug you because I did not want to wake you up. I did not tell you that I loved you and did not hear you say "I love you" or "How are my babies" ............. maybe there is still some time for that. I am not sure. I thought you were still working on your never ending lists of "things to do" Don't we still have a few things to do? We still have boxes to go through.......... you never got to see what a great job Lue and I did with all of that. And we did not get Matthew's furniture from Ikea. But I guess we did get it all picked out. I am struggling here Dad, help me. I do not want you to suffer but I am not ready to let you go. Seriously this has be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

So, Dad here is my letter from me to you............

Dear Dad,
Thank you for being there for me always
No matter what the trial or question
You always had an answer, even thought it might not be what we wanted to hear.
You could solve any problem not matter what it was
from boy troubles to school to friends
And sometimes I know we shared more than you wanted to know.......
In the end you listened and helped us through but you always let us make
the final decision
You loved us.......... more importantly you loved our mom
You taught us the importance of family and friends, but most important family
Family always first over anything
You loved us unconditionally even though sometimes I know we made that hard
You loved your babies the most. And, they loved you.
Tonight at Walgreens Hannah wanted to buy a Valentine for herself but then she felt selfish
So, she started looking for something for you...........
She found this lion that did this silly dance and she knew that it would make you laugh
I broke my heart to tell her that you would love it I know you would but you might not
appreciate now as much as you would have, she loved you so much..........
I think I might buy it for her anyway for Valentines and say it is from you......
You are the rock of all of us Dad, you kept us going.
I know that God will hold you and us and we will be okay
Even though this might hurt for a long, long time.........
I cannot imagine my life without you here to lean on
It is going to be so different.
I know you will always be there
Thank you for being the best daddy to me ever!
For loving me, for drying my hair straight for reading to me, for all the special things we
ever did together
Your daughter,
Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear