Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pain: 50 Us: 5

Not much different to report today. Dad's pain seems to be out of control. I called the nurse today and she advised that we were not giving medicine often enought to Dad. This we know but he is sometimes so reluctant to take any medicine. So the nurse gave us some good suggestions on what to do and how to phrase things so that we get medicines down and stay ahead of the pain because that is so much easier than the pain getting ahead of us. Right now, it is so frustrating because he is not a little kid but you have to work with him like he is. Like today, when the nurse asked him if he wanted medicine and Dad said yes a does of 5, the nurse gave him 15. That feels so deceitful. But necessary none the less.

Mom got to go to Sunday School this morning.

Matt is here with Mom. I have been here since 1:00 this morning. Dad slept last night from 12 to 1 and then was up until about 2:30 or so and slept until about 4:00 and then was up until almost 6:00 when I offered him an English Muffin and he said okay. I went to the kitchen and came back and he was asleep. So, I shut the door and I ate the muffin and went back to bed. Dad got up probably around 6:45 ish and Mom got up with him. Anyone see a trend here? And, if any of you are night owls and are good medicine pushers here is your formal inviation to come to the Bailey House any night.

Dad is napping right now. I am going getting ready to go visit with some of our friends in Plano for the superbowl. I'm excited but stressed and feel rushed.

The main question I have to ask is where do the days go? I mean it is already almost 4:30 pm and I have not hardly done anything but take care of Dad and the doggies.

Jill is in Austin and will be on the road after the Superbowl. I am really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.

Go Giants!
Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear