Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Love Never Ends

Love never ends............ this is so true!

Today my sweet little boy turns seven! Happy Birthday son! I love you. Stephanie here, I never made it to Mom and Dad's last night. I did however get the cake ordered for Hayden's party and get a few gifts so that we can continue our birthday treasure hunt tradition. I ate lunch today with Hayden and went to his school at 1:30 for snack time. I took cookies (nope, not homemade). First graders are so adorable. When I told them I had to get back to work, they said that I should make a robot to look like me to do my work. If only that was truly possible.

I talked to Jill this morning around 9:00. I heard the dogs barking in the background and I could hear Dad saying "hey" as if to tell them to be quiet! That made me smile. They and the text messages I have received from Jill show Dad to be back to himself a little bit and that makes me smile. I will share those text updates with you soon I promise.

Hearing those things make me want to be there with Dad which of course I was not. I am going tomororw and Friday. My job is stressing me out. I am sure it is all in my head but I am so sick of phrases like "Okay, let me know if you'll be here" with the emphasis on "know". I would not wish this on anyone but cut me a little slack now and then.

I want to share with you My Aunt Shirley's thoughts from yesterday. Please read:

Well, after I got home from 1020 last night I posted a long comment to this
comment b/c I didn't know where else to post it and lo and behold it didn't
save. Bummer. I will attempt to update what I "updated" last night that
mysteriously disappeared.Shannon was working on the "Pancake Breakfast" church
flyers with her sweet friend Robin. The flyers will be coming directly from
Mimosa Lane Baptist and they are so beautiful. Shannon looked so good to me last
night. Please everyone give her special hugs and thoughts. She does "appear"
strong but...I saw Mike. Jill was with him. She tried to get him to eat some mac
and cheese but to no avail. He said did you come over the other night and I said
yes, with Ross. He said he just didn't remember. Then he said, tell Ross I said
thank you. When I got home last night I told Ross and he said he would go over.
I told him it needs to be very soon.I asked Mike what he would like for me to
pray specifically and he said "Corinthians." I asked Jill to find Corinthians 13
and she read it to him. It was so sweet. Mike said, that's what the preacher
says when you get married. That's right! It's the love chapter. We prayed for
peace and thanked God for the love He has for this family and for the love Mike
has for his family and the love they have for him. He said he was trying to
remember the "Shirley speech." I said what in the world is that! He said, you
know, get out of here, Jesus. I said, wait, it's get out of here, Satan! We
laughed! He said oops. So funny. I said we need Jesus in here and the devil out
of here! Precious. We talked a little out love being the absence of fear.
Interesting he wanted to hear the love chapter. He looks so tired, so very
tired. If someone wants to see him, they need to come now...

Love to all,

Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear