Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

heartache

Lauren here..

I start to cry when I get a little text message there or pull up my browser and come to the "dailybaileyupdates" .. but you know what the important part is .. I can cry.
I lost it last night and what made me cry ten times harder was, I needed my Dad... I wanted my Papa Bear, to crawl in his lap and be able to cry. I know that I will have thousands of times in my life that this will happen, but the irony at the moment. I needed my Dad but he wasn't there.. he wasn't Dad.
I know that we will all have to go through this twice in our life. Just going through this a little longer and maybe its a bit of a rough journey than normal. We will all come out of this stronger, just may not feel strong at this moment. But think, the next time you have a friend, a family member, a co-worker go through this, you can hold their hand, and say you really have an idea of how they feel, and maybe provide an ounce of comfort in the situation. The comfort that is hard for us to find sisters, brother, momma..
I proud of my family for being as strong as they have been... and the continue to be amazing. But we would not be where with our with out all of our family, friends, sunday school, church, and even co-workers... You can never give enough thank yous.. but I want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You will never know the things that you have done or will do, mean everything. I bought a thank you card the other day.. on the front it said "It is the little things that count" .. yes.. the little things.
The little moments you have with Dad, the hugs you have where you just have a good cry. The sarcastic smiles Dad gives you... How he still tries to do all that he can to help US. The phone calls you get from dad just see what is going on. When a bag of m&ms, a box of golden grahams, a cup of coffee from starbucks or a York peppermint patty can make the crappiest of days better. Another thing I have learned... how not to take the little things in life for granted.

all my brain can manage to put into words right now..
i love you all oodles and bunches. stick together.

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear