Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

HGTV marathon

Morning everyone, how are you today? I hope this finds you well.

Things around the Bailey house are I guess back to the new normal. Matthew is taking Laddie the doggie to the vet to get his teeth cleaned. I talked to Mom and she was getting ready for work.

I’m trying to do okay this morning. I just feel spaced out. Like I’m a part of my body but not really – like I’ve checked out. I’m sure that eventually I will snap out of it. I know that it will take time for this to occur. I think one of the biggest reasons for feeling this way is that for so many months there was so much going on. So much stuff to do and people to visit and human contact. I mean, I saw one of my sisters every few days…… at times I saw both of them. I hung out with my brother and mom. We were there and we were together, of course, not at a spa or vacation but none the less we were together. People surrounded us. They called and checked in to get updates on Dad. It just feels weird. I guess that it will take my body some time to adjust to this level of human contact and slow back down to this pace of normal. Time to catch our breath and remember all of the things we put on hold for so long (oh, like getting to the gym, yes, that is a big one!). I know we have to move on, that life goes on, but it just feels wrong right now. It will feel right very soon I just know it has to.

Last night, Hayden had basketball practice. It was just me and Hannah at home. After Hannah had finished dinner, had her shower and we finalized homework and lunches, Hannah said “Let’s watch HGTV mommy”. So, sweet. Not something she would’ve watched I don’t think before. It would have been Disney channel or Nickelodeon all the way. The kids feel asleep on the floor in our room last night watching House Hunters on HGTV. Kevin and I stayed up until after midnight watching more HGTV. Many memories of Dad in HGTV. Many, many memories.....

Must get to work, I love you all very much! Thank you for being there for us all of these months for praying for us and for everything you do for us now. We could not have done it without you!

Stephanie

2 comments:

bean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bean said...

Hey sister steph,
I am still here...reading.
one of these days i will get around to writing a post of my own, but for now, i stay here lurking with your words.

Love you always,
jillybean

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear