Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Rest, sweet Papa, rest.............

Dad finally went to sleep and closed his eyes forever this morning at 11:58 am surrounded by his family. There was no pain; only peace. He is now in heaven free from cancer, free from pain, free from all that went with this journey. We are still surrounded by family. We are all very, very sad. I cannot imagine never having a conversation again with my Dad. Never being able to ask him for advise or share a story with him. I guess that is why he went to sleep for a little bit before going to heaven. To help ease us into this phase. Yesterday he told his sisters that he was "almost to the spot". I'm guessing that meant heaven.

My Mom is so very, very sad. She got to hold him and love on him and talk to him. I am glad for that. We are all very sad.

The nurse has arrived. We had the sweetest aide here with us this morning. Now, they are going through and throwing away the medicines as required by law. That just feels so cold to me. I know I'm being very sentimental. Those were the things here that we helped Dad to feel better. Dad will take his final earthly journey here very shortly. We will post more about Dad's celebration of life as we have the details.

Right now we are okay. My mom's cousin continues to keep us well fed. We are doing as well as can be expected and to quote my sweet papa "That's all I know about that"

Speaking of family, Kevin is here with my kids, "my babies" as Dad called them. I had to tell them what happened because there was too many chances that they might overhear what happened. I have to tell you I dreaded that part very much. However, God gave me the words to say. Hannah had lots of questions like when and what time? We asked her if she wanted to give Granddad one final kiss goodbye and see Dad. Kevin took her in to say goodbye. She is so brave. Kids are so smart. She did pick up on and asked before I even told them as why there were so many people here. Hayden I'm not so sure about. He didn't want to go see Granddad. I told him that was okay and he could keep the memories of Granddad in his heart forever.

That is so true.......... memories and love never die.

Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear