Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Dad's Starving!

Good afternoon. Stephanie here. To recap this morning.

Dad slept from 12 - 1 am. He was awake from 1 am to 3 am. Matt and I were up with him during this time. Of course, he had to get mom up too because he was starving. So at 1:15 am he had grits and eggs and an english muffin. Most of the english muffin went to the dog Laddie. I got a litte bite of it. Seriously, Matt and I offered to cook the food but it just seems to be so much better when his sweet wife gets up and does it for him.

It was really scary because when Dad woke up he looked so sleepy and groggy. But he finally woke up a little more. And, in the middle of the night I learned I am thankful for:
  • Lysol spray to cover up the smells.............. ewh the smells
  • Gloves to protect your hands
  • Ability to breathe deep and not throw up
  • Dad's ability to still have his sense of humor during all of this
  • My brother who actually stepped up the plate and got up and brought me stuff while we were taking care of Dad
  • Coffee, more coffee

That is all I am allowed to say about our middle of the night trials at the Bailey house. Dad fell sound asleep at about 3:03 am. I quietly tiptoed around the room to pick up all of the supplies to avoid anyone tripping over anything when they woke up and finally got myself to sleep around 3;40. I got up a few times during the night and checked on Dad and he was still storing away.

I haven't been in this morning to see how he is doing. I wanted to have some breakfast myself and coffee and check my e-mail and update you guys before I did. I also want to check in with my sweet little family who I have not seen since Wednesday night. Hannah is going to a movie today with some friends. Basketball game for Hayden. I miss them very, very much.

Will update more today as time allows. Keep us close. And, Bailey sisters............ I think we would welcome you back whenever you could join us. From what I have observed it is just being in there with Dad during the day to get him stuff, pray with him, and keep him company. It would be nice anytime you can come. During the week, maybe down early in the morning and back in the evening. Whatever works.............

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear