Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Waiting

We are waiting. Dad is sleeping. Today when I got here he was somewhat alert. When I tucked the pillow behind his head he said "OW". That was a pretty standard comment. This afternoon my mom's cousin Norma and Steve got here and Dad reconginzed Norma and even said her name outloud. The difference though in Dad from just a few hours ago until now is night and day. I am fearful that Dad has not much longer in this life. You know we wished and wished for Dad to be able to sleep...........but seriously we didn't mean sleeping this much. What I wouldn't give to hear one more "Hey" or have him call me on his cell to check in or ask for toast or tell the dogs to be quiet. There will be no move conversations. I want him to wake up and scold me for something or say "blood sugar" and we could check our blood sugars together. I miss you so much papa bear already.

Our family has gathered to support us and start this very hard process of saying goodbye. Dad's sisters Pam and Deb are here. They left a little bit ago to go to the hotel. Mom's cousins Steve and Norma are here too. Steve made us a very yummy steak dinner and the family picked up the kitchen. We had ice cream for dessert. My sweet cousin Amy met me at AT&T and held my hand while I freaked out about losing the pictures of Dad I had on my cell phone. She hugged my neck and held me close. Thank you so much to our family during this time.

There is just not much to say other than to continue to hold us close. Lift us up. We'll update more as we can.

Hugs,
Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear