Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Friday, February 29, 2008

Random

Here are a few random thoughts for this Friday...........

  1. I had dream last night. It was set at Mom and Dad's house but I can't tell if Dad was actually living in my dream. I sense that he was a part of the dream and felt really connected to him. It was really bittersweet.
  2. I am very thankful this year on Father's Day weekend is Hannah's Dance recital. All weekend that weekend we will be busy getting Hannah ready to dance and watching her dance. So, the element will be a little unfocused from celebrating Dad. Kevin won't probably be to happy about that but I think that will help me or will it?
  3. I am finding I can talk about Dad more and more without getting too sad. Not sure how I feel about that.
  4. Today, my kids made Kevin and I lunch. They set the table like a restaurant and made a menu with prices. They took our orders and served us. It was very cute. I might post pictures at some point.
  5. I enjoyed sleepting late today, 10:30, yes, it was refreshing. I wish I could work 1/2 days every Friday. It was fun to get to spend time this morning making pancakes. Nana's pancakes to be exact.
  6. I am very, very glad the weekend is here. More than you know.
  7. I am NOT glad that Hayden's basketball game is at 9:00 am tomorrow morning. I am GLAD that this is the last one.
  8. Hannah and I just made chocolate chip cookies and while they are baking she is watching HGTV, more HGTV. It is weird to me that she wants to watch HGTV so much. I mean when they were over at Dad's when he was living she did not sit with us and watch it. So, how does she know that is what we can do to remember Dad? There are so many memories of taking care of Dad in HGTV. In fact, some of the episodes that I am seeing I actually watching while Dad was living. That is also bittersweet.
  9. I worked tonight unitl about 6:30, went and bought a birthday gift for Hannah's friend and then got OUTBACK for dinner for me and came home and ate in total peace and quiet. It was very healing.
  10. I scheduled my dental work. Yikes............. I am nervous about that and I wish I could talk to my Papa Bear about it all.......... he would tell me that everything is going to be just fine. I will have to have that voice in my head. So, keep me in your thoughts next Friday morning.

Must go, Hannah is standing behind me now and wants me to come and watch HGTV with her and my doggie is whining so I must go see what he needs as well. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear