Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Friday, February 1, 2008

NAPS......... yeah

Dad napped from 5:45 tonight until almost 9:30. I napped some too. Maggie and I had a very good nap. She has been so sweet to me tonight. She knows I am stressed to the max.

Dad woke up from his nap very groggy and sleepy. Scary I tell you. But then he came around and started asking questions "How is Kevin feeling?"

Mom got home and brought Chinese Food for me, Matt and her. Dad did not eat dinner tonight. He kept saying he was not sure what he wanted, he was thinking about it and he would let me know. Mom visited with Dad while I cleaned up the kitchen Stephanie style. Matt did the dishes, don't get me wrong but it was all the papers and "stuff" that was everywhere. So, in order to have an outlet for all of this emotion I cleaned up the kitchen and did some other straightening.

I am tired and am trying not to get grouchy. But you know I was on duty almost all day yesterday and will be into the night. Yesterday, I helped Lauren figure out the car thing and made sure that no one conversation went the wrong direction. Okay, that sounded bad. What I mean is I am trying to convey to everyone to listen to dad and if he tells you there is a bird in the room flying around, you go along with it. And, when you leave dad's room to go get something in the kitchen you always make it all about dad. You say "Dad I'm going to the kitchen what can I get for you?" Not "Dad I am going to make me some lunch". And, when you come in the room you tell him everything you are doing. So, this is a learned behavior.

Got to run, here a cell phone ringing somewhere and I bet Dad is awake and Mom is not and I cannot finish this update.

More tomorrow.

Mom gave Dad his nightly meds. I went in to bring Dad the medicine book and

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear