Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Friday, December 7, 2007

Finally guys, an Update!

Sorry everyone, Stephanie here. I really meant to update this last night. Actually I meant to do a lot of things like..... go to the gym, watch Grey's Anatomy (recorded), put my laundry in the dryer, get stuff packed to go back to dad's today but I didn't.... I crawled into bed and fell asleep with Hayden and I slept there until Kevin woke me up to start the day. Seriously, I did not mean to not leave you guys hanging!

Lauren went to school on Tuesday and came back last night. Jill has been here since Thanksgiving with the exception of her business trip to New York so she is planning to fly to Austin this afternoon so she can go home and get some rest and see her sweet kitty cats! I know they miss her as much as she misses them. I know that she wants to go home but she wants to make sure she is where she needs to be. Balancing that part of this journey is the hardest part I think.

Mom is hanging in there! She is resting when she can. Sometimes though, that is easier said than done. Sometimes, Jill will get him settled and leave the room and he will get Mom up in the middle of the night to get him a washcloth, or toast or whatever............. Why? Who knows? I really feel like he wants our company and that he isn't really trying to be demanding........ and that he just wants those of us around him but sometimes it is REALLY hard not to get frustrated and to be sweet and kind and smile and say "Okay, what can I do?". Sometimes you just want to SCREAM or yank the pillow out really MEAN like.......... oh, but you don't!!! Mom stayed home with him on Tuesday all day. Dad asked her to stay with him and that is really a first as his first worry is usually making sure she gets to work and such.

He has started not doing some of the things...... like when I say "I Love You Dad" he used to say "I Love you too!" and now he doesn't do that much anymore. Almost like there is still a shell of a man that isn't really dad. But then in the same breath he will say something like "Go, what time is Hayden's school program? I don't want you to miss it." Oh, the heartache...............

Dad is not really sleeping all that much. But, one of the mom's that I was talking to today after I dropped Hannah and Hayden off at school put it somewhat into perspective for me and maybe this is how Dad feels........ you know that you and I when we are busy all day really look forward to crawling into bed at night and resting but when you spend your entire days and nights there it might be difficult to sleep. I do know that some new medication was delivered yesterday that the nurse called in that is to help with sleeping. Will see if that does help him rest..........

What else, oh, I mopped the den last week and pulled up all of the rugs and of course on Friday night dad rolled by them in his wheelchair and doggy smell caught his nose and so Stanley Steamer came on Wednesday and cleaned them and the tile floor. Sorry sisters for causing that extra work for you guys but the end result is really a blessing and that is that Jill rearranged the den and it looks so much more cozy and is a place for us to rest and gather and get strength! Thank you Jill!

The sink in the kitchen stopped up and we called the plumber on Tuesday and they fixed it but last night it was leaking......... so thankfully, it only cost $13.00 in parts to repair!

Okay, will update a little more later to get everyone up to date!

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers!

Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear