Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekends Over, It's Monday Again

Stephanie here, Here is our short Monday update.........

Friday

Dad's sisters headed home........ thank you for all your help!!! We will miss you!

Mark arrived in Dallas. Jill picked him up from the airport. Stephanie got a much needed haircut and hair makeover. So far, everyone likes it. Lauren left to go back to school for a few days....... Matt and I hung out with Dad Friday night and Jill and Mark got to go to the Studio Movie Grill and Mom got to have dinner with her sister. Dad had a little more pain that came about Friday evening into Saturday night. He gets anxious when those who he relies on mostly (which can change) are not there.

I went home Friday night (well Saturday morning) and rested (sort of).

Saturday

Dad's pain continued pretty much throughout the night Friday into Saturday. We called the nurse and got a better plan for managing the pain. Pain scares me though because I wonder what this cancer is doing inside his body and why does he have pain. Pain is not good in my book.

Saturday I made cookies with my kids instead of doing the other things that I really should have been doing so I got farther and farther behind on everything. So, if I've promised something recently, know that it is on a to do list somewhere and it will get done eventually. The good news is that I picked out a new ceiling fan and light fixture for my house that hopefully will get installed today........... you know, because I am hosting Christmas on Saturday!!!! I know, I know...............

Mom went to her Sunday School Christmas Party.

Hannah and I went and spent the night Saturday night. Jill got him super comfortable and he only woke up once for toast around 2:45. He went back to sleep and slept (well at least I did) from 3:30 until about 7:30. Yeah!!!!

Sunday

Dad woke up at 7:30 and said he was hungry........ I have not even heard him utter those words in this journey. Jill made him toast. Mom and I went to church and Mom got to go to Sunday School and out to lunch with her Sunday School class. Mark left to go back to Austin. The house is finally completely decorated and the boxes of decorations are stored. That process was very long and drawn out. You know you know what needs to be done but all you really WANT to do is sit and DO absolutely nothing.

Shirley came over and brought us dinner and did her magic in the kitchen. Thank you again!

So the important things to remember

  • Lauren got to see her friends and she finished one class
  • Mom got to see her friends and family
  • Jill got to see Mark
  • Lauren and Jill got in some more retail therapy last night
  • Stephanie is well, somewhat rested and trying to get organized on what HAS to be done! This year is a special year.
  • We have each other
That is the weekend update. I have not heard any news today so I'll wait for Jill or Lauren to update!

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear