Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Rest and More Mac and Cheese, Kraft of Course

Good morning everyone.

We had somewhat of a restful night. Dad slept from about 1:00 to 3:30 when he woke up with an issue.

To resolve the issue, I had to get Mom up to help me with that one. After being awake she asked Dad "Dear is there anything else I can do?" Dad replied "Take your sweet countenance back to bed. My sincerest apolgoies". After Mom got him settled and after she had gone back to bed, he asked me if I had had a midnight snack. I said yes and asked him if he wanted anything and he said yes, I asked him if he would like some toast or applesauce and he said no, he'd like some mac and cheese......... so that it what we had. Thankfully, there was some already made and all I had to do was heat it up. We went back to sleep at around 4:00. And then Dad woke up at 5:00; I went to lay down in Lauren's room and left Matt in charge for a few minutes.

Night time funnies:

Last night Mom got all snuggled in bed. Lauren and I were not "getting ready for bed" like Dad wanted us to. So, he was calling people on his cell phone. He called Mom's cell and Lauren asked him why he was calling Mom. Then later that night after I was properly dressed in my PJs and ready for bed I was giving him good night hugs and might I just add that I lingered there for a long time so long that my glasses were fogged from the heat of his body and from Mr. Piggy (in case you don't know Mr. Piggy is a humidifier - he is very cute I might add - my kids named him Pirate Pete - here is a picture of him..........................) So, while I was snuggling with Dad and listening to him tell me that he loved me which I just about melted into a puddle........ he asked me if he had called mom's cell. And when I told him yes, he said "oh, she is going to whoop my ass!!" So, funny!

Time now right now is almost 10:00 on Saturday morning........... Lauren is resting on the couch....... Matt is chilling............ Mom is sleeping............. Dad is sleeping............. Doggies are put up and I am waiting on the nurse. He called and is about 15 minutes out................... My current question is when to wake Dad as he likes to be awake to talk to the nurses. Here is hoping I make the right choice on that!

Other than that I am struggling with if I should stay here or try to make Hannah's dance this afternoon at 2:15. I can call my friend Anna to help with Hannah's makeup/costumes............ I think that just might be the thing to do and then maybe Kevin can drop the kids off at his Mom's and come over here. We'll see! Will update more later! I'm really enjoying the peace and quiet right now, no TVs on (if you can believe that) and the only major issue for me is that my 2nd cup of coffee that I have poured and made has been set somewhere and I've only drank about 3 sips of each cup. Seriously what a waste.

The nurse came and checked everything out. Dad's blood pressure and temp are good. He has a few minor changes and the nurse explained everything. Afterwards, though I had a few more questions for the nurse and so I walked the nurse out. I was talking to the nurse in the living room when Lauren appeared and said "Dad was right, he so knows you!". You cannot get stuff past Dad even right now. I really would like the social worked to come by. She is supposed to be a licensed counselor which would be really good.

Lauren has gone to the store to buy more mac and cheese and I am supposed to be making some tea for Dad. So, he is eating more warmed up mac and cheese right now for a little snack. Oh, he had toast this morning for breakfast (white toast with apple butter jelly).

I will update more later on today.

Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear