Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Saturday, December 29, 2007

SCATTEGORIES

Scattered, that is how I feel today......... well pulled in many directions and not really putting 100% in anywhere. Last night after my post the kids and Kevin and I played the game Scattegories. It was fun and felt normal and like for a second you could forget your true reality.

However, today......... my heart was back to it................Today we were invited over to one of Kevin's friends for his daughters birthday. And, my heart wanted to go but I was feeling selfish because I do not get much time at home and I just wanted to do normal things here. Hayden and me have had a little cold and so we decided it would not be good to share those germs with anyone else. Happy Birthday Sara! We will put your gift in the mail. And, thanks to Amy and Aunt Shirley for listening to me work things out in my mind. So, we had a really good day at home. I'm embarrassed to say that I never got out of my PJ's either........... I haven't really gotten all that much accomplished. My body is just moving in very slow motion. Right now, Kevin and Hannah are watching the New England Game and Mr. is finally in the tub.

Lauren has left for Arkansas. And, before she left Dad told her that "Jill will drive me to Texarkana to have coffee with you and Tyler." Apparently Dad really wants to meet this Tyler guy! Too funny. Dad has been really chatty these last few days. And he has told Lauren a few things that make you sad............... But I am so thankful that he is still Dad........... you know making lists and making sure that things are all in order.

Jill is leaving probably Monday for Austin........... that means it will be me and Mom for the weekend. I know we will do just fine but I can't help it that I am a little nervous. Dad just seems to not be so anxious with Jill or Lauren there. I know that is not anything against us personally but it does make you feel a little under qualified for the job.

And, for New Years.......... I would like for the plan to be that MY ENTIRE FAMILY stays with me New Years Eve at my mom and dads............ I just need to let my sweet hubby know that. And I also need to figure out someone to look after our doggie. It will all work out just fine.......... Sweet dear hubby if you are reading please know that this would mean the world to me to have YOU and MY KIDS with me on NEW YEARS and to have you guys there.

Off to get Mr. Hayden out of the tub! And, the laundry is calling too........

Stephanie

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

wish I had some words of wisdom for all of you going through what you are going through. Understand that this season you are going through is not normal and nothing you do will feel normal now and that's okay. But it's not selfish to want "normal" back. I'm glad you are at least trying to do things aside from caregiving as you NEED that. You all have colds or something b/c your resistance is down and you are so tired. I pray for God to give you more strength and health and rest, if that is possible. I love you so much. Shannon, I pray for you to sleep and rest and have some peace only God can give. You are amazing and I love you so much. Stephanie you don't need to accomplish everything on your lists. Try to let some of it go...if you can. Lauren, have fun in Arkansas (by the way, who's Tyler??? have I met him???) Jill, have some "normal" in Austin! Matt, I just love 'ya. I need to give you all hugs. Love, Aunt Shirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear