Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Friday, December 28, 2007

When I wake up...........

Dad seemed to have a much better day yesterday. The day before he seemed to have a lot more pain. At least yesterday his pain was tolerable. The nurse came yesterday and we made some additional changes to his medicine routine to hopefully try to stay ahead of the pain. Well, the nurse to you and me but toDad that is Louie the Lip (funny, but I guess you just had to be there....... yesterday when I said "Dad, we did not get our afternoon nap..... he says "I know because of Louie the Lip kept talking (meaning the nurse)..... I got belly pain from laughing so hard.......... Lauren and I both did.................

Dad is still eating Kraft Mac and Cheese and Toast with apple jelly. Not much else really sounds good to him. Although, he did have some cookies with milk for a late bedtime snack. These cookies are the ones that got us so excited when he was in the hospital because he had not eaten for days and so he ate these chocolate wafer cookies.... so Jill brought him one and left it in a suggestive way on his tray and he ate it and asked for a few more...... yeah! Of course, yes....... if you ask it was HIS idea. We are thankful that he is still wanting food, even though sometimes it is us suggesting the food. But of course, we always make him think it is HIS idea.

I got up yesterday at 6:30 am after getting a Good Morning text message from my dear sister Lauren. I am so thankful for my sisters. They work so hard to care for my Dad when I cannot be there. They are so awesome. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers! So back to yesterday morning........ after getting the text message and laying there thinking....... gee, I really want to SLEEP more, I literally put on my crocs and got in the car with sweatshirt over PJs and headed to Dad's for the morning shift. Silly, I know but it worked!My visit with Dad was good. I did lots of leg and foot rubbing. Those legs give him so much pain. Lauren is trying to come down with a cold or something. So, yesterday I think with all of the meds that she and I were both on we both felt like we were moving in slow motion. Dad at one point even said to me "What is WRONG with you today"? Gee, do you think it might be the cough medicine with codiene?

And, then there were the curtains....... Santa brought new bedding and curtains for Mom and Dad's room. So, the curtains had a valance and sheers. So, that meant a change in the curtain rods.......... So......... mom bought one set of curtain rods but neither of them liked those.... So, Dad says as he points to the curtains........ "When I wake up next, I want those finished (meaning the curtains hung on the correct rods)........... So, you can see he is still up to making sure the house is fixed up nicely and correctly I might add........ and since he never did nap in the afternoon, no one was able to get curtain rods................ and so, I finally went to Home Depot last night at 8:15 and got them. And while I was out Dad called me twice to check on me. And the first time he called me he asked me where I was and I told him I was at Michaels (oops, not an authorized stop) and he told me to come home! Funny............ and all I could think about was how cool it was that I was still actually able to get a call from my Dad............

I am feeling somewhat better but still not 100%. Thankfully, the past two nights I got some much needed rest.

And the funny of the day was when I first got to Mom and Dad's Dad says to me......... "Stephanie, later in the day if I get mean, just slap me." Okay sure dad........

Happy New Year to all of you!
Stephanie

No comments:

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear