Papa Bear - we love you always

Papa Bear - we love you always

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Eve

Happy News Years Eve!!! Stephanie here....... the kids and I are over at Mom and Dad's today. Jill is off for Austin, she left around 1:30, I pray for safe travels for her and NO traffic. I will miss her gentle touch with papa bear but knows she needs to be home SO much.

Lauren is in Hot Springs........ Dad called her about 11:30 and the conveseration on this end went something like this:

Dad: You up yet? Don't be grumpy... Well you said "WHAT!" What are your plans............
I need to know........
Okay sorry my mistake........

And, then he hung up on her...... gee the gulit trips and confusion are many. It is so frustrating sometimes trying to leave and have him comfortable and not worry.

I am thankful today for Federal Express, they delivered a bunch of medicines (yea!). We've added one additional med for anxiety....... And it seems to be working really well.

TWAS the Night Before the New Year

Twas the day before the New Year
and all through the house
The doggies were stirring, but yet they were fed

Papa Bear was snuggled and comfy in bed
The dishes were hung all over, the kitchen a mess
Hannah in a beautiful nightgown dress
Matt is shopping for a New Years Eve Feast!
So, Happy New Year's Eve to all and all to all a good night!

Okay, so a poet I am not............ Hannah helped me a little bit but she left to go play Moon Sand with her brother.............................. Now she is back so maybe we can fix this poem up a little bit more.

I am off to find the kitchen so I can actually make pancakes and the counters can be cleaned off for when Matt gets home from the store. Jill promised me that the kitchen was clean last night. It just takes a few minutes for it to get messed up. And it is even harder when cleaning it back up is not the number one priority. Here's hoping my prince comes over to see me tonight at Mom and Dad's. Which reminds me I need to call and let him know I made arranagments for our puppy doggy.........

Later!
Stephanie

1 comment:

Shirley Wilcox said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008! Unbelievable "2008" -- I remember when "1984" looked and seemed unreal (back in 1964 in high school) And then "2001"! Time flies ... although it goes slowly, too, as you know...

Your dad's will to live is truly amazing and it's evident he doesn't want to leave your wonderful care and love. Be assured that when the time comes, the Lord will welcome him with open arms, just like he did Nanny. Even Nanny heard Him calling her. She said, "I hear you, Lord." I heard her say that and that was enormously comforting to me and should be to you, too. I'm sure everyone will think, Gee, why didn't I want to come home to the Lord sooner!" Jesus has prepared a place for us and He has prepared a place for your dad, there's probably HGTV up there, too, and maybe he's needed to rearrange some furniture! Amy said one time that Nanny has a gold sewing machine! I hope you don't think this is morbid, it's just a reassurance to you that he will be wonderfully well taken care of and he will have no pain and will be so comfortable.

And maybe God is healing his body -- all things are possible, we just don't know. I pray for comfort for you all. Do you each have the assurance of your own salvation, through trust in Jesus, that he died for our sins? If not, I want to talk to you!

Also, I'm hoping the strep germs are gone and I can come over soon. So afraid of leaving germs behind...

love to you all, precious ones
Aunt Shirley

Mike Bailey - Papa Bear